Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Won't eject disc 1!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Won't eject disc 1!

After updating and reconfiguring Wine, i am back to square one.

Ubuntu refuses to eject the CD, even after I have killed the installation process and all wine processes. In addition to not being able to install the application, I now have a disc stuck in the CD/DVD drive, and no way of removing it. I have tried all umount solutions suggested previously in this thread, to no avail.

I consider myself a patient woman, at least when it comes to computers, but this is beginning to frustrate me. I am rapidly approaching the point where I would be willing to pay someone to set this up for me. Considering how dirt poor I am, this is a bad thing - I can't afford it, but consider it anyway. Help me save my finances, please?

/Mimsy
    February 2010: Back after two years of Ubuntu hiatus!
    I'm practically starting over, and trying to catch up. Please be patient with me.

Java server of choice: Large French Press

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Never mind, I finally managed to enject the disc. Go me!

Now it freezes in midinstall instead. I copied all files to the hard drive, since that worked and let me install last time around. Now, however, it makes it all the way to "Status: Copying new files" and freezes there. It sits there for minutes and minutes, and eventually shuts down.

Weird.

Anyway, I'm still open to suggestions. This is turning into an obsession for me.

/Mimsy
    I'm practically starting over, and trying to catch up. Please be patient with me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Okay, another update on my situation.

I've managed to install the thing. Nothing makes it as easy to find a solution as asking for help... no idea why.

Anyway, when I try to run the .exe file in wine, I get the same error message as last time.

A debugger has been detected. Unload the debugger and try again.
    Now what? To my knowledge there's no debugger installed...?

/Mimsy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

What game are you trying to install. I cant get out my cd to and I am installing CS:CZ. But I am doing it with cvscedega.

/Linus

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

It's not CS, sorry. Technically it's not even a game, it's an AI personal trainer application. You can find info about it here, if you're interested.

I'm going to give my work-out application a chance in CVScedega, probably tomorrow, when I'll have time to actually install the thing (not to mention that I won't be one third into the Anniversary Vodka by then...). If that doesn't work, I'll probably give TransGaming's most current Cedega a shot. $5 isn't much for a month, and if the AI trainer doesn't work, I can always install Baldur's Gate and Fallout in it, right?

/Mimsy
    Last edited by Mimsy; October 21st, 2006 at 11:45 PM. Reason: vodka + typing = dyslexia impersonation

Beans

I am having the same exact problem installing battlefield 2 with the latest cedega...it is very frustarating as it installs the first cd and i just cannot eject it to place the 2nd one...if i cancel then i can eject fine and i cant unmount since it sais device is busy

i tried to copy the cd files on the hard drive but that will not work as the install files look for the files in the cd rom so it will ask to place a disk in the cd rom when it comes to disk two

there must be a work around for this? no one else ever experiened it???

Beans

after messing around with it for awhile it seems you need to pass it this command

cedega -monitor-cdrom-eject /mnt/cdrom/setup.exe

all worked great after that, excpet for the running of the game but that is a complete different story lol

anyways let me know if it works for you

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I haven't had a chance to even install cedega yet, but once I do, I'll be sure to let you know if that command works or not. Thanks!

/Mimsy

Beans

Start wine from the console and when it asks for a new disk hit ctrl-z this will pause the app, then eject the disk put in the new one and type in fg this should work if I have remebered corectly

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

sudo lsof +D /cdrom|awk '{ print $2; }'|grep -v PID|uniq|xargs kill -9
    sudo umount -f /media/cdrom0

works like a charm

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast