Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu CE #11 on Distrowatch in last 7 days!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Re: Ubuntu CE #11 on Distrowatch in last 7 days!

Now #4 with a bullet ^

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by yozef View Post

at this rate you'll surpass Mepis,....soon...you have already surpassed PCLinuxOS
    Rank Distribution H.P.D* 1 Ubuntu 2488 2 openSUSE 1879 3 Fedora 1241 4 Ubuntu CE 1023

as predicted you passed Mepis.

Anonii is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Hidden!

To tell you the truth, if I was in a site like distrowatch checking distros, and I saw a Christian Linux, it would be my first click.

But still, its not normal.
    It must be His will.

Beans
    Hidden!

This is really unbelievable.
    God Bless, Jereme

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

This is so awesome, seeing Ubuntu CE at #4. Looks like Fedora has gone down a considerable amount though, maybe CE stole some of their hits, lol. I can see the next Distrowatch headline saying "Ubuntu CE Steals Hits From Fedora, Next Target Unknown"
    ~Jordan Montgomery

Beans

I know why this is happened, because it was mentioned twice in a row on distrowatch weekly. Read all the comments there and go figure where all the clicks are coming from. Hell -no pun- I even took a look but wasn't impressed. Still that adds up to some votes. This will sort itself out is my guess. Someday the christians will decide to also switch to kubuntu/xubuntu and just get those 2-3 packages themselves.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by tjotser View Post
    I know why this is happened, because it was mentioned twice in a row on distrowatch weekly. Read all the comments there and go figure where all the clicks are coming from. Hell -no pun- I even took a look but wasn't impressed. Still that adds up to some votes. This will sort itself out is my guess. Someday the christians will decide to also switch to kubuntu/xubuntu and just get those 2-3 packages themselves.
    Is it that hard for you to consider that there might be a true interest in this project? I think you are correct that many visit the page who are not interested in the project, but are just curious. However, the DW page ranking combined with the number of downloads that I have been able to track and the emails that I receive daily are proof enough for me that there is a true interest.

Also just curious, why would you go out of your way to be rude?

Jereme

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

I think it's great that this distro is getting some exposure. It's just one more great example of the flexibility and freedom of GNU Linux. I will offer up this as a possible explanation of the tremendous number of views on DW though... the name of the Distro on DW is UbuntuCE, and it might not be immediately clear to many that click on it that the CE stands for Christian Edition. Since Ubuntu is so popular many would click it just to find out what kind of special Ubuntu it is.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by greggh View Post
    I think it's great that this distro is getting some exposure. It's just one more great example of the flexibility and freedom of GNU Linux. I will offer up this as a possible explanation of the tremendous number of views on DW though... the name of the Distro on DW is UbuntuCE, and it might not be immediately clear to many that click on it that the CE stands for Christian Edition. Since Ubuntu is so popular many would click it just to find out what kind of special Ubuntu it is.
    No doubt. I would be lieing if I said that Ubuntu CE is not reaping the benefits of the name. Another way to see how much exposure Ubuntu CE has gotten to to Google "Ubuntu Christian Edition" and see how many results you get.

Thanks, Jereme

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

642,000 as of 7:40am PAC on Sept. 11th.

Quote Originally Posted by mhancoc7 View Post
    ...Another way to see how much exposure Ubuntu CE has gotten to to Google "Ubuntu Christian Edition" and see how many results you get.

Thanks, Jereme

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast