Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: HOWTO: Enable your Wacom Intous/Graphire Tablet with Pressure Sensitivity

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: HOWTO: Enable your Wacom Intous/Graphire Tablet with Pressure Sensitivity

Oh I'm sorry, I thought I had posted the 10-linuxwacom.fdi, but it was indeed the synaptics.fdi. I tried both your 10-linuxwacom and the .fdi from the linuxwacom 0.8.8-8 folder. nothing. If I use yours, it doesn't even show the stylus.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I am now using the 0.8.6-2 driver and your 10-linuxwacom.fdi and at least I can now use the stylus as a mouse. The eraser is still not recognized by xinput and xsetwacom. Also, if I set the stylus to relative instead of absolute, that slows my system down a bit and the lines are a bit zig zag. Is that "normal" ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I am now using the 0.8.6-2 driver and your 10-linuxwacom.fdi and at least I can now use the stylus as a mouse. The eraser is still not recognized by xinput and xsetwacom.
    Checking Xorg.0.log in /var/log will tell you which driver has the tablet, stylus and eraser.
    Also, if I set the stylus to relative instead of absolute, that slows my system down a bit and the lines are a bit zig zag. Is that "normal" ?
    Don't know. Sounds like more events are being generated in relative. If you have an older CPU that could/would slow you down. You could increase the RawSample rate for the stylus.

Beans

MetalMusicAddict, many thanks for this HOWTO ! But, how to get pressure sensitivity in photoshop CS5 under wine ? it works under Gimp, but not Photoshop

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Absolutely new to Linux, but, my Wacom seems to be working OK except for one thing. Mouse wheel will only scroll down page no matter which way I turn it. There seems to be no way to configure mouse wheel. Even tried installing Pointing Devices from Ubuntu Software Center, but, it won't even launch.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by artik1024 View Post
    MetalMusicAddict, many thanks for this HOWTO ! But, how to get pressure sensitivity in photoshop CS5 under wine ? it works under Gimp, but not Photoshop
    I am also experiencing the "no pen pressure" issue with both Photoshop CS5 (installed by copying registry items and folders from Windows) and Photoshop CS5 Extended Portable.

As stated by the previous poster, pressure sensitivity works fine in other programs: Gimp, MyPaint, Photoshop CS2 (via Wine). Any thoughts?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by mhope View Post
    I am also experiencing the "no pen pressure" issue with both Photoshop CS5 (installed by copying registry items and folders from Windows) and Photoshop CS5 Extended Portable.

As stated by the previous poster, pressure sensitivity works fine in other programs: Gimp, MyPaint, Photoshop CS2 (via Wine). Any thoughts?
    Exactly the same issue! Its frustrating that I've got photoshop working flawlessly, yet the one thing i need to use in is pen pressure and that doesnt work!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mhope View Post

Add another user with this issue.

Beans

-bump -
    any ideas on this yet? I have asked over at the wine forums, but they seem to be focused on getting it to work. It works, curser, eraser and buttons, but no pressure sensitivity....

Beans

Lightbulb Re: HOWTO: Enable your Wacom Intous/Graphire Tablet with Pressure Sensitivity

Quote Originally Posted by MetalMusicAddict View Post
    This HOW-TO is written for USB Wacom Tablet devices.

The GIMP
    - File-> Preferences-> Input Devices-> "Configure Extended Input Devices".
    - Under "Device" you will have 3 settings: Cursor, Eraser and Stylus. Set them from "Disabled" to "Screen".

Now you should have pressure sensitivity in The GIMP.

Also, a useability note with Gimp:
    Each input device (stylus,cursor,eraser) has a completely different set of attributes in Gimp, and in theory, you can even assign a unique serial number to different pens to get even more granularity. You will experience this when you try to use your eraser for the first time. Rather than selecting the eraser tool, you get the rectangle selection tool instead. This is by design, believe it or not. Gimp does not care that its an eraser, just that it's not the pen you were just using. If you choose the eraser tool now, it will remember that for the next time you try to use it. On the plus side, you can set the eraser to be anything, including the Airbrush tool or Clone tool.
    -Taken from The Wacom Help Page.

Kudos to you man, I've been at it all night break and fix crash and burn compiling drivers and YOUR suggestions are the ones that fired it up. Especialy the gimp input settings quoted above.
    Many thanx

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334