Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisdom teeth... why why why why?!?

Beans

Angry Wisdom teeth... why why why why?!?

I've been dreading the day, and now it's nearly here. D-Day! the Day of DreaD! Time to pull wisdom teeth - bad positioning so they tell me, only leading to more and more problems down the line they say What in the Devil's name inspired this marvel of evolutionary adaptation anyway? grrr...

Be brave weekend warrior... 'fear is the mindkiller'... heh

So how many of you have had any of your wisdom teeth pulled? How did it go? Any suggestions you can give? Do you feel any less 'wiser' now than before?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Re: Wisdom teeth... why why why why?!?

had mine pulled when i was 18, and it went really well. in two days i was doing whatever i normally would do. i hope your recovery goes smooth.

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

I apparently evovled beyond the need for wisdom teeth. I'm 23 and have no sign of them whatsoever.
    Since I get asked alot, I am originally from Ukraine but am Russian by nationality. My nick means specter in Russian.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Ugh, my wisdom teeth are starting to come in, too... it won't be long till I have to yank them....

Worst of all, I've had to use an extensive amount of ******* to manage the pain from my arthritis recently, and already it's starting to be an ineffective painkiller for me
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxradar
    Linux's audio architecture is more like the layers of the Earth's crust than the network model, with lower levels occasionally erupting on to the surface, causing confusion and distress, and upper layers moving to displace the underlying technology that was originally hidden

Beans

Thanks for the good wishes raublekick I do wish now that I had done this when I was younger, it probably would've been easier. I will say this to anyone getting wisdom teeth pulled - don't read the Wikipedia entry on wisdom teeth! It's scaring the livin' life out of me - Bleeding and oozing, Dry socket, Swelling, Nerve injury

heh, fear is the mind-killer...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

prizrak: Give it time. I'm 29 and mine are just starting to surface.

Beans

All of them and it was hell. One of them they couldn't find as they were digging deeper and deeper wondering loudly if they had the right picture.
    Just keep your painkillers ready. On the other hand some did got removed pretty easily. Just hope for the best
    "I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I'm not."

Beans

Had all 4 removed about 8-10yrs ago. They were impacted and whatever else so they had to come out. Could not be done in the chair so I had to go to hospital/surgery.

Gave me little pill before surgery, think to relax you. Wheeled me into surgery and got onto the frigging cold table. Aneathetist put a needle into my arm and connected a big syringe with white stuff in it. I still asked her how long does it take for the stuff to work, she replied that I won't be able to count to 3. I got to 2, but those two seconds were absolute bliss, felt like I was floating/flying.

Afterwards when I woke up I was in the passage outside surgery and froze my *** off fealing groggy from the drugs. Went home later that day with a box of Myprodols for pain. Never really felt any pain to be honest and I stopped the myprodols on the first day. Only had slight swelling on the one side the second day. Had occasional bleeding the first two days or so. The stitches really anoyed me until they fell out. I ate solid foods on day 3 but sometimes it felt like it was going to get stuck in 'empty' spaces.

Really not a bad experience if you ask me.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Smile Re: Wisdom teeth... why why why why?!?

All depends. If they are growing the right way they should come out easily.

Mine grew from the back forwards and I had to have a general anaesthetic. They dislocated my jaw and I couldn't open my mouth to eat for 4 weeks. The good news is I lost 20lbs.

Beans

Angry Re: Wisdom teeth... why why why why?!?

I had two removed two years back. Both were so badly positioned that the first operation lasted A FULL HOUR and the second one nearly as long. And let me tell ya, it was hell. Anesthesia did work but for some reason I felt the pain in my chin also when he tried to turn them in place. It felt like they he was trying to put some freaking screws through my jaw. It was MOST displeasing and took a long time every time. All that sawing and screwing and cutting and...

The first time the doctor didn't remember to tell me anything about treading the wound aside from painkillers. I had no idea I had to bite those cotton-or-whatever-thingies in place so that it would close in peace. Because of that I was spitting blood 3 days straight. Almost lost consciencenes one time from blood loss and the fact that the pain killers were too strong for me

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast