Thread: I think i'm not thankful enough..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

I think i'm not thankful enough..

I just bought this extremely expensive camera. However, according to it's user manual the software that came with it(2 CDs) were required to import pictures to a hard drive, and it only ran on Win XP and Mac OS X. So my first thought was: "I mine as well return it back", but i plugged the usb cable in and immediately the Camera Import window appears. This truly is the ultimate OS.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: I think i'm not thankful enough..

Most cameras come with a cd full of garbage software that they say is required for use of their product when, in reality, the vast majority are seen by the os as mass storage devices similar to an external harddrive or usb stick. Windows and OSX would have likely worked the same as Ubuntu without the proprietary software installed.

Beans
    Hidden!

i thought the same thing when i got my nikon. i was still using ME at the time and when i plugged my camera in, it just showed up as an E drive.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Yes, the cd's have a bunch of junk usually. Just plug the camera into the computer should work for most os's out there now. You can also just plug the memory card in if you have a card reader.
    How to install and run Photoshop 7 or earlier in wine
    Switched to Linux completely 1 January 2007 Ahh, a solid year of freedom
    My Website