EDIT: The final design has been chosen and printed. The author (HanZo) has been sent 10 free posters
EDIT: For more info on how ordering works, and what's done with the money: http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=296758
Hello artworkers. I'm working on printing out Ubuntu posters, and shipping them out. You guess right, posters need artwork. Artwork needs artists - you.
If any of you feel like helping out, please:
1) Check out this thread: http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthre...66#post1449466
2) Design a poster (either with or without content)
3) Post a link here, or email it to me and i'll host it (and link it here)
4) Email me all the source files, I'll make them available (You might be the best to do the art, but others might want to improve the content).
5) Be the one with the best design. If I end up priting more than 100 of those posters for the community, you'll get one for free... if I print over, say, 250, you'll get 5 for the help. It will be more if you also buy some to go with (because then I will only be giving you posters, not shipping for free).
I require all the material to be GPL or similar. If you don't know what this is, don't worry about it, but don't bother me with copyright violations . I _will_ have to make changes to your work before investing a ton of my cash into it.
With the stickers I made, I strictly held to not-keeping-any-profit. In this case, I will stick to the same, with the exception of adding a bit as a 'service charge' for doing all the work... but mainly because I'm risking a lot of money each time. I'm thinking 10% of the entire price is very fair, and if it all goes as with the stickers, that would mean approx. 40% to Marketing Ubuntu, 10% to me.