Thread: Just like to say...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Talking Just like to say...

That this is the greatest forums, ever, that I have been on. The people don't bash you because you are new, and know relatively nothing. Instead, they help you, and encouage you not to give up on such a beatutiful thing as Linux.

In my 5 or so days of consistantly playing with Ubuntu, I have learned more than I ever have in all of the other times that I just installed Linux in a VM and played around with it. Glanced around, etc, never really giving it a fair chance.

I encourage every new person not to give up on such a great thing. Sure there is a learning curve, but there are a shitload of skilled people here, that obviously do nothing more during their day than hit the refresh button in this newbie forum and answer questions; like gods.

To all of you hyper refreshing gods, thanks for the help and keeping me clear of Windows. I am now officialy over my withdrawal symptoms and seeing computing in a new light!

I salute!
    Last edited by XaeroDegreaz; August 31st, 2006 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Bump

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Re: Just like to say...

I completely agree with all the above. I've learnt so much from these forums, just browsing without asking. I love the quick responses ect. Its great here.
    Young Ubuntu Users Unite!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Thank you!

This really belongs in Forums Discussion so I'm going to move it there.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by XaeroDegreaz View Post
    I encourage every new person not to give up on such a great thing. Sure there is a learning curve, but there are a shitload of skilled people here, that obviously do nothing more during their day than hit the refresh button in this newbie forum and answer questions; like gods.
    Actually most of us have jobs or studies and try to help people in their spare time or during working hours hehe
    "I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I'm not."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    Thank you!

This really belongs in Forums Discussion so I'm going to move it there.
    Sorry, I was just trying to put it in the place where it would have the most effect; In the new people's area

Quote Originally Posted by OffHand View Post
    Actually most of us have jobs or studies and try to help people in their spare time or during working hours hehe
    I'll not believe a single word of it! Hehe