Page 289 of 289 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289
Results 2,881 to 2,885 of 2885

Thread: Hey! Guitar players, let's chat.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Hey! Guitar players, let's chat.

I did a search on this site for "how to make a music video" and I couldn't find a post or article that described this. Only posts that talk about video cards, video ram, etc.

I was hoping that some member of this particular thread would be a beginner guitarist who can teach me anything about setting up a camera and separate microphone, recording your guitar using a dinky mic and a kodak digital camera, (I can't afford a good HD video cam, not yet) or maybe just using whatever came with your cellphone.

I have an Ovation acoustic/electric, a little 15 watt amp, an old digital camera (7 MP , can do video at 10 fps) and I have a little microphone from Radio Shack. I know I can dig this up somewhere else, but I would like to try to get it from here first.

There are so many good guitar players on this thread, I'm sure some of you have made music videos. Share some tips and advice with me. Thanks
    Eddie Colon
    Raleigh,NC

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by ecr959 View Post
    I did a search on this site for "how to make a music video" and I couldn't find a post or article that described this. Only posts that talk about video cards, video ram, etc.

I was hoping that some member of this particular thread would be a beginner guitarist who can teach me anything about setting up a camera and separate microphone, recording your guitar using a dinky mic and a kodak digital camera, (I can't afford a good HD video cam, not yet) or maybe just using whatever came with your cellphone.

I have an Ovation acoustic/electric, a little 15 watt amp, an old digital camera (7 MP , can do video at 10 fps) and I have a little microphone from Radio Shack. I know I can dig this up somewhere else, but I would like to try to get it from here first.

There are so many good guitar players on this thread, I'm sure some of you have made music videos. Share some tips and advice with me. Thanks
    as far as I know, people making music videos have the song already recorded, then they simply match the actions of the song with the video.

so get your song recorded first, then go about mocking the actions of playing it, add some cool video effects, make sure everything is in sync, voila, music video.

and on another note I fixed the grounding issue with the flying V
    -Patrick
    let the strings lead you

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by ecr959 View Post

For simple playing to camera style videos:Unless you have a way of recording line-in to the PC then the best way to do this is exactly as you describe and then synching the superior audio with the video. Remove the audio from the video.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

A potential compromise with your equipment could be plugging your Ovation into the PC soundcard , recording the Guitar at the same time as recording the video with the camera.
    Potentially you could then strip the audio from the video file (Avidemux? Openshot video editor?) and replace it with the better quality direct guitar recording.
    (OTOH if you wanted to sing as well.... then you will have to start searching for more equipment )

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Zimmer,

This sounds like it might work for me. But I would have to find/buy a DI ? is that the little box where you plug the 1/4" guitar plug and then plug a 3.5 mm to the PC ? My PC is actually a little ACER netbook. I always wanted one of those DIs .

Are they very expensive ? Tell me in Dollars, not Pounds.
    Eddie Colon
    Raleigh,NC

Page 289 of 289 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289