Thread: How do i change the default icons

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Question How do i change the default icons

Hi Guyz,

i wanted to change the icon of my pdf's from the default ubuntu one's to the acrobat reader ones because the default one's were occupying too much space on my dektop. Unfortunately the process turns out to be a long and cumbersome one, right now the only way i know is to get into properties and change the icons for each new file i make.

is there a way for me to change the settings such that each new file i make gets the acrobat icon and not the default one.

Thanks

Regards

Dhruv

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: How do i change the default icons

Quote Originally Posted by dhruv_1884 View Post
    Hi Guyz,

i wanted to change the icon of my pdf's from the default ubuntu one's to the acrobat reader ones because the default one's were occupying too much space on my dektop. Unfortunately the process turns out to be a long and cumbersome one, right now the only way i know is to get into properties and change the icons for each new file i make.

is there a way for me to change the settings such that each new file i make gets the acrobat icon and not the default one.

Thanks

Regards

Dhruv
    go into the icon theme diretory and replace all the ubuntu-acrobat ones with the acrobat one that you want.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: How do i change the default icons

Thanks will try and ley u know