Thread: FAQ for ubuntuforums

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

FAQ for ubuntuforums

Is there an FAQ? I have some questions about the forum itself and don't want to repeat.
    Thanks,
    Craig

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: FAQ for ubuntuforums

No, not really. There are some stickies in the Forums Discussion area and the forums policy page, but not an overall FAQ. Try a search and if you don't find the answer to your question, go ahead and ask.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: FAQ for ubuntuforums

I wouldn't worry about duplicating questions. Everyone is usually more than happy to answer any questions you have. All I'd suggest is to try the SEARCH function on the main page first. If you can't find it there, then it probably hasnt been answered yet!

There are plenty of HOW-TOs, cunningly hidden in the HOW-TO section which I personally look at quite a lot; there are some ace ones that talk you through EVERYTHING you need to do to get a certain thing to work (samba and vnc notably for myself, cheers guys!).

As for FAQs, there are sticky posts at the top of the Absolute Beginners area of the boars which cover lots of issues too.

So don't be afraid to ask anything, no-one is seriously gonna have a go at you for asking something some-one else asked a while ago!

Laters