Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG, they have butchered the Human theme!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Unhappy OMG, they have butchered the Human theme!

I am the only one that thinks the Ubuntu theme has been going downhill lately? Just updated my artwork, and the brown theme color has now been changed to a brown-reddish color. It freaking ugly!

The theme was really good when it used the Clearlook's window border (they dropped the round corners and made the windows square. Kick ass!), and the mouse roll-over colors in menu's didn't have that 3D look.

I want that back

Beans

Re: OMG, they have butchered the Human theme!

I agree that the new colors are too brownish-red and that the old colors were too pale, but the older colors were better. The darker and redder colors leave a bad taste in my mouth. But I don't know if I would go so far as to say "freaking ugly".
    The greatest waste on Earth is potential unrealized

Beans

I love the new colors because they go perfectly with my desktop background.. I made this from a photo of......

Last edited by Glanz; April 6th, 2005 at 09:58 PM.

Beans

I really dislike this theme, I enjoyed the original dull theme, as well as the clearlooks-type one.

Beans

On another note, Hoary is approaching extremely soon I really hope that this doesn't go into final.
    I am a very visual person, and many others are. Themes are extremely important for me, something like this would've turned me off of Ubuntu originally.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

I like the new reddish-brown

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Dracontopes
    DasssssRight!!!!! Way 2 go!!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Quote Originally Posted by Dracontopes
    screenshot please :/

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by GentleHatemonger
    On another note, Hoary is approaching extremely soon I really hope that this doesn't go into final.
    I am a very visual person, and many others are. Themes are extremely important for me, something like this would've turned me off of Ubuntu originally.
    I don't mean to be daft, but you do know you can change themes? Personally I care less about the default, since I know I'll change it anyway.

To be honest, I'm burned out on 95% of all themes being some variation of blue/gray, with the occasional "olive" or so.

Individual taste varies, of course, but I thought the brown themes were a tad dull and depressing looking. Especially the one in warty. The clearlooks one was an inprovement, but still fairly bland.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Spif
    I am the only one that thinks the Ubuntu theme has been going downhill lately? Just updated my artwork, and the brown theme color has now been changed to a brown-reddish color. It freaking ugly!

The theme was really good when it used the Clearlook's window border (they dropped the round corners and made the windows square. Kick ass!), and the mouse roll-over colors in menu's didn't have that 3D look.

I want that back
    I completely agree! I really loved the theme in the release candidate (the clearlooks one). It was nice and subtle. In fact, I still use that. The redish-brown colors and the 3D menu highlighting really puts me off. I hope those in charge of Ubuntu artwork read these messages.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast