Page 3 of 299 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Re: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications!

Quote Originally Posted by ShinjiLeery View Post
    I have a ubuntu 6.6.0.1
    Where i have to install the patch? And then later i can turn back to the normal use?

Tnx,
    Luca.
    Install: get gtk 2.8 source and apply the patch (see the first post)

Uninstall: just install the original gtk package back, or use the environment variable GTK_MENUBAR_NO_MAC=1 to temporarily disable it.

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Question Re: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications!

I'm definitely no big fan of OS X but I have to say I love their launcher. This thing looks awesome. I read the thread and I can't understand if it will work in Dapper & Gnome or not. Will it?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

It seem to work on edgy and gnome but I don't know about gnome-panel though cause it seems like if you have a panel at the top you can't use it. In my case, if I ex click on the desktop I can see my top panel but I cant click on any of the icons, panels elsewhere works fine. However if I close all my apps I can click on them.
    If I have ever made any valuable discoveries, it has been owing more to patient attention, than to any other talent.
    Isaac Newton

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Looks lovely, but I can't try it. When I run ./compile on the patched version of gtk, it gives me an error about not being able to find libx11

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by fenwik View Post
    Looks lovely, but I can't try it. When I run ./compile on the patched version of gtk, it gives me an error about not being able to find libx11
    Hi! You need to install the "libgtk2.0-dev" package (or all its dependencies manually ), which contain headers and other files for building gtk.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Robor View Post
    I'm definitely no big fan of OS X but I have to say I love their launcher. This thing looks awesome. I read the thread and I can't understand if it will work in Dapper & Gnome or not. Will it?
    It works with Dapper now - I have made a patch for gtk 2.8 and tested it (you can't turn on the cool title label though)

In gnome, you need to move the panel to any place other than the top screen edge.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by jannol View Post
    It seem to work on edgy and gnome but I don't know about gnome-panel though cause it seems like if you have a panel at the top you can't use it. In my case, if I ex click on the desktop I can see my top panel but I cant click on any of the icons, panels elsewhere works fine. However if I close all my apps I can click on them.
    Because the panel is actually covered by all the menubars of your applications

I make the menubar transparent rather than hidden when the app loses focus, so it can keep the dock space on desktop (that fixes your desktop icon alignment, maxmized windows, etc)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Quote Originally Posted by kpolice View Post
    Wow, trully amazing.
    Yes. It's so beautiful.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hi.. these screenshots looks great..
    i am trying to do this on my Edgy..but i am having problem (cos i am newbie)
    i compile and installed everything according to your steps but how do i edit the below values??

There are some environment variables to customize the menubar:
    • GTK_MENUBAR_INACTIVE_OPACITY - value from 0.0 to 1.0, menubar opacity (default 0.66666...)
    • GTK_MENUBAR_ACTIVE_OPACITY - value from 0.0 to 1.0, menubar opacity when the mouse hovers it (default 1.0)
    • GTK_MENUBAR_NO_MAC - set to 1 to disable mac-style menubar (required by acrobat reader 7)
    • GTK_MENUBAR_TITLE_WIDTH - width (in pixel) of the gradient title label, next to menubar (default 0). THIS DOESN'T WORK WITH gtk+ 2.8.x.
    • GTK_MENUBAR_TITLE_FONT - text font family name for the gradient title label, (default "Times")

------------------------------------------------------------------
    Java/Swing mac menubar
    Similar to the GTK one

i cant find the below directory on my edgy
    su to root and make a backup of /opt/java/jre/lib/rt.jar

please help

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

I'm confused and/or doing something wrong here. I'm on Dapper and trying to install this. I've got the pre-built binary downloaded. I'm trying to do the Java portion and here's what's happening.

robor007@Home-T42-Ubuntu:~/Themes/OS_X_Style_MenuBar$ javac javax/swing/JRootPane.java
    bash: javac: command not found
    robor007@Home-T42-Ubuntu:~/Themes/OS_X_Style_MenuBar$ javac javax/swing/JRootPane.patch
    bash: javac: command not found

How do I 'run' the file to do this? Sorry, I'm not very good in Linux.

Page 3 of 299 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast