Page 113 of 299 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 2990

Thread: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications!

deleted

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ayoli View Post
    I didn't know much about the no-underlines patch. I think it is just another patch that you have to apply with the macmenu one if you want the mac menu without underlines.
    Or you simply use the method of this poster:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...68&page=52#520

I wasn't able to figure out what do do from that part of the thread. It looks like its asking me to edit the main file instead of adding a patch.

The other patch on the other the wiki (gtk+-2.12.0-r2-gtkmenubar.diff.gz) doesn't work so I had to go back to your patch. It would be great if someone could start with that one (099_mac_menubar.patch) and add code for removing the underlines.

Actually, one other thing I'd really like to see, is the menubar using the windowtitle font, instead of the application font. Is that possible?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by 2cute4u View Post
    I wasn't able to figure out what do do from that part of the thread. It looks like its asking me to edit the main file instead of adding a patch.

The other patch on the other the wiki (gtk+-2.12.0-r2-gtkmenubar.diff.gz) doesn't work so I had to go back to your patch. It would be great if someone could start with that one (099_mac_menubar.patch) and add code for removing the underlines.

Actually, one other thing I'd really like to see, is the menubar using the windowtitle font, instead of the application font. Is that possible?
    It's possible, it would just need to be reworked as Metacity is the WM for Gnome (e.g. handles its own fonts), it's possible that it could render its fonts from Metacity, but it could run into some problems if Metacity is NOT the WM (i.e. Compiz Fusion)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I'm reaaly busy atm but, I'll give a look later and post a solution here and in the wiki if I find one.
    A workaround could be set a font in your gtkrc for the menu.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Frak View Post
    It's possible, it would just need to be reworked as Metacity is the WM for Gnome (e.g. handles its own fonts), it's possible that it could render its fonts from Metacity, but it could run into some problems if Metacity is NOT the WM (i.e. Compiz Fusion)
    I thought that the font was specified by the GTK control. I'm not trying to use the "window title font" in the Apearance preferences. I'm not trying to use match the font of the window title, if it's set by somthing else"

Quote Originally Posted by ayoli View Post
    I'm reaaly busy atm but, I'll give a look later and post a solution here and in the wiki if I find one.

A workaround could be set a font in your gtkrc for the menu.
    Thanks, but in order to do it, I need it in steps a that I can follow. ( On the wiki page, I can't even make sence of the "first way", but the "second way" gives, step by step directions, that are clear enough for us non techies. )
    Last edited by 2cute4u; November 10th, 2007 at 07:24 PM.

nikoPSK is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

it does look a bit odd with the rounded corners at the top though. I do like it.

Beans

So is there a way to get my Synaptic and update manager working? Or am I screwed?

Beans

how do you get rid of the 'alt' lines? like in this picture -

EDIT. i found out how, i'm not going to bother now. it's really irritating that you want it to look just right, but there are a couple of things i'm going to add that don't look like a mac, it's a hard life lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ice60; November 11th, 2007 at 05:08 PM.
    Thanks to the forums staff for your dedication and hard work
    (the admins changed my sig to that lol )

Beans

has anyone had random lockups after applying the patch from page 97?

i can't find an errors about it, but my laptop was running perfectly, and after applying all the changes with mac4lin i now have random lockups.

a couple of times this applet has used a lot of the CPUs' cycles, but only when i've been adding it back to the panel. so, i think it's working fine, but something is making the computer lockup once every couple of hours for a few seconds. it could be AWN??

does anyone have any idea what could be causing it?
    Thanks to the forums staff for your dedication and hard work
    (the admins changed my sig to that lol )

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by ice60 View Post
    has anyone had random lockups after applying the patch from page 97?

i can't find an errors about it, but my laptop was running perfectly, and after applying all the changes with mac4lin i now have random lockups.

a couple of times this applet has used a lot of the CPUs' cycles, but only when i've been adding it back to the panel. so, i think it's working fine, but something is making the computer lockup once every couple of hours for a few seconds. it could be AWN??

does anyone have any idea what could be causing it?
    nope, no random lockups here.

Page 113 of 299 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast