Page 50 of 299 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications!

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications!

Does anybody have any idea what might be causing this behaviour with the applet?

The label is, for some reason, placed several pixels above the rest of the menu.

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

It's a problem with the font. Try changing the font or the fonts rendering method. You can also try Angafirith's modified applet as it has some modifications especially for lucida grande and you seem to use that font.

Beans
    Hidden!

Thanks for the tip. I found his patched version, but the place he's hosting it from seems to be down, so I guess it's just the waiting game now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Well, your wait is over
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Hidden!

Thanks, SkiesOfAzel, but I'm afraid the problem still isn't solved. Here's what I've done to attempt to solve it:

1) I installed Angafirith's update using the directions supplied in the INSTALL file. Did nothing, unfortunately.
    2) I downloaded the gtk-patched-menubar file from the same post, but couldn't figure out how to install the gtk2 source that he had, so I just installed the libgtk .deb that he had in there. This didn't do anything (but really, I have no idea what I'm even doing here)
    3) http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...ck#post2535244 - I tried doing this, with no results. In fact, changing to Sans actually moved the label higher in the panel. The only font that I was able to use to make it lower was malayalam, but it's horribly ugly and so I tossed it.
    4) http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...6&postcount=27 - I got rid of Lucida Grande Bold, as this post said, and it still didn't fix it.

Anyone have any suggestions? I really have no more ideas on what to do.
    Last edited by boneyjellyfish; April 28th, 2007 at 12:24 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Angafirith's debs are for athlon 64. It doesn't do that on my pc with sans but i have installed the subpixel rendering hack found here with tuning method autohinter, subpixel always, bitmmaped fonts no on fontconfig and on font preferences smoothing subpixel, hinting none, subpixel order rgb.

Beans
    Hidden!

Do I need to compile any new version of freetype in order to use that fix, or is it supposed to work with just the packages mentioned in that post?

Because if it's the latter, it didn't work. The label is still higher than the rest of the menu.

Beans
    Hidden!

FIXED!

I ended up going into the source code and adding rise="-12800" to <span> tags where it draws the labels. I know, it didn't actually fix anything, but right now, I'm content enough with simply doing this.

Anyway, next question: is it possible to get rid of the underlines in the menu items?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Thanks for all the help guys, but, is there a way to remove this? When im in fluxbox, the Toolbar still shows up..
    Your Signature: View My Google page and Guide on Making the Linux desktop look better LHHS Linux Club
    T60 2.0GHZ-T7200 ATI-X1400M-128mb 2GB-667MHZ 80GB-5400RPM WIFI-3945 on Chakra-Project (Archlinux) w/Ext4

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Theoretically yes , you probably have to hack the gtk menu class to do that though.

Page 50 of 299 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast