Page 293 of 299 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 2990

Thread: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications!

I like the global menu. Appears more efficient to me.

Only problem I seem to have is the 'enable mnemnoic keys' option isn't working for my Karmic 64 bit install. I often use these keys and desire full functionality without a mouse, so it's a bit of a deal breaker.

Does anyone have a lead of where I could look to repair this functionality? Otherwise, I'll be keeping an eye on this for the future.

Regards.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by ayoli View Post
    global menu will never work with firefox and openoffice since they don't use gtk.
    The Firefox has stated that global menu support won't be built into Firefox (although they might reconsider if it went into default GNOME). However, it is possible to integrate GTK menu support into XUL-based apps like Firefox & Thunderbird: the Miro team did it using PyGTK. I don't know, however, whether this could be done for Firefox etc with an extension, or if it would require a patched version.

Beans

I'm hoping we never see Fx awarded the title of Default GNOME Web Browser. Too many of us have gotten sick of the Fx devs changing default behavior and requiring Remove-ons to get them back and have switched to another browser. Epiphany (the default GNOME web browser) was a pretty sweet browser until they made the switch from the Gecko rendering engine to the WebKit engine prematurely but once they get things resolved and get extensions rewritten to use the WebKit engine Epiph could be even better.

Of course a number of us have already switched to Chromium, which has no problems whatsoever playing with the GlobalMenu. I'm just saying.
    For an OSX look check out Mac4Lin (updated support thread)
    Follow me on Twitter | My Blog
    The Search tool is your friend.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Peng View Post
    I'm hoping we never see Fx awarded the title of Default GNOME Web Browser. Too many of us have gotten sick of the Fx devs changing default behavior and requiring Remove-ons to get them back and have switched to another browser. Epiphany (the default GNOME web browser) was a pretty sweet browser until they made the switch from the Gecko rendering engine to the WebKit engine prematurely but once they get things resolved and get extensions rewritten to use the WebKit engine Epiph could be even better.

Of course a number of us have already switched to Chromium, which has no problems whatsoever playing with the GlobalMenu. I'm just saying.
    Chromium works with global menu?? would you mind showing a screen? Because I'm sure i've tried it before and it did not.

Thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Psyphre View Post
    Chromium works with global menu?? would you mind showing a screen? Because I'm sure i've tried it before and it did not.

Thanks.
    Ehem, Chromium doesn't *have* any menu at all besides two utility menus on the side. The reason it works is because it doesn't need to interact at all.

Beans

You're right. I hadn't had my coffee yet. Chromium doesn't use the usual menus at all, which took a little getting used to. Sorry about that.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Im sorry i dont quite understand this guide, so far i can gather its now called global menu?. And the links are broken.

How would i go about this on Ubuntu 9.04 i have AWN installed allready.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Rave Gloves View Post
    Im sorry i dont quite understand this guide, so far i can gather its now called global menu?. And the links are broken.

here you go : http://code.google.com/p/gnome2-glob...lobal_Menu_PPA

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Rave Gloves View Post

Using both AWN and GlobalMenu is a breeze. As a matter of fact it's how I have my system set up. You just need to set up each app separately.

Beans

is there a way to change in tiny mode the default "menu" button on the panel. I mean i want it to be in my native language.

Page 293 of 299 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295 ... LastLast