Page 285 of 299 FirstFirst ... 185235275283284285286287295 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 2990

Thread: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications!

Hi, I say this everytime I make a comment, but I want to thank the developers for this brilliant applet.

I just upgraded from intrepid where the global menu worked perfectly.
    I just installed jaunty and the jaunty global menu PPA, but im sad to say it seems to have alot of bugs

The biggest issue is this:

As you can see some applications show the whole label, others dont. Its not down to lack of space as you can see epiphany takes up a lot and yet it all fits in. Whereas the shorter 'Evolution' doesnt.

Im not sure how to report bugs so if I'm doing it wrong please let me know how. Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Psyphre View Post
    Hi, I say this everytime I make a comment, but I want to thank the developers for this brilliant applet.

I just installed jaunty and the jaunty global menu PPA, but im sad to say it seems to have alot of bugs

As you can see some applications show the whole label, others dont. Its not down to lack of space as you can see epiphany takes up a lot and yet it all fits in. Whereas the shorter 'Evolution' doesnt.

Im not sure how to report bugs so if I'm doing it wrong please let me know how. Thanks.
    tou ùy report bugd/issurd here : http://code.google.com/p/gnome2-globalmenu/issues/list

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I think you have the same issue I have:
    http://code.google.com/p/gnome2-glob...&can=1&q=gedit

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ayoli View Post
    sometimes after install, language packs are not completely installed. try to go to menu system > adminitration > language settings and see if it asks to install some language packs.
    if not, then post an issue to http://code.google.com/p/gnome2-globalmenu/issues/list
    Thank you for your advice. Language settings is ok. I installed Jaunty on my notebook and tried Global Menu: I have the same problem here. Too bad: it all worked until 0.7.4.

I'll post an issue.

Anyway, this is an interesting and useful project. My thanks to all the developers!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I have actually solved this issue. It may apply to you aswell Danielrmt.
    It worked perfect in intrepid and suddenly not in jaunty and I think i know why. Its font size.

In jaunty I realised that fonts seem smaller than in intrepid. I used to use font size 8 in intrepid for my mac menu, but its a bit small in jaunty. So i upped the size to 9, and voila! Fixed. All labels show in full.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Minsky View Post
    Thanks to all you guys on the Globalmenu, Mac4Lin and AWN projects for all your work in collectively providing an excellent theme, I enjoy using Ubuntu so much more. Just one quick question, I can alter the transparency of the main menu by using the opacity setting in Compiz, is there a way that I can do the same with Globalmenu?
    I'm still not having any joy with solving this, does anyone know how to alter the transparency of the Globalmenu bar sub-menus?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Minsky View Post
    I'm still not having any joy with solving this, does anyone know how to alter the transparency of the Globalmenu bar sub-menus?
    I have changed the opacity for Tooltip | Menu | PopupMenu | DropdownMenu, and it works. I also add blur.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by danielrmt View Post
    I have changed the opacity for Tooltip | Menu | PopupMenu | DropdownMenu, and it works. I also add blur.
    Thanks for replying Daniel, it worked a treat

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by danielrmt View Post
    Where is this change performed? I'm looking at the Opacity, Brightness and Saturation settings in ccsm and I can't see where to set it.
    For an OSX look check out Mac4Lin (updated support thread)
    Follow me on Twitter | My Blog
    The Search tool is your friend.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Peng View Post
    Where is this change performed? I'm looking at the Opacity, Brightness and Saturation settings in ccsm and I can't see where to set it.
    That's the right plugin. You have to add a item to "Window specific settings".

Page 285 of 299 FirstFirst ... 185235275283284285286287295 ... LastLast