Page 279 of 299 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 2990

Thread: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications!

Beans

Re: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications!

Quote Originally Posted by danielrmt View Post
    Updated it today, and Gedit is now showing as "...". (I renamed gedit launcher from "Text editor" to "Gedit", and it was working before)
    Check the maximum title length. Just get sure you restart the app. Is there a bug related to this?

Quote Originally Posted by danielrmt View Post
    Another thing: what's the point of the search field in the application name menu?
    Hmm I didn't notice that. But as it seems, it highlights an application if you type it's name.
    >> Linux User Group Schaumburg <<
    #lug-schaumburg on Freenode (as bmhm)
    Wer sich auf seinen Lorbeeren ausruht, trägt sie an der falschen Stelle!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by bmhm View Post
    Check the maximum title length. Just get sure you restart the app. Is there a bug related to this?
    It's 200. I can see bigger applications names fine. I'll file bug if can't find anything related.

EDIT: Bug here http://code.google.com/p/gnome2-glob...id=377&q=gedit
    Last edited by Tibuda; March 16th, 2009 at 08:17 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by adredz View Post
    @bmhm: i know what toolkit firefox uses. i thought the firefox folks has collaborated with the global-menu devs to make it work. i read it somewhere but i have no time to find the link for now...
    Quote Originally Posted by ayoli View Post
    No, gloablmenu dev has submitted a bug to the firefox bugzilla, there were a discussion and this ended with the bug marked as "won't fix" by firefox devs.
    This is one of the reasons I don't use Firefox anymore. Since they started getting Firefox 3 ready to rock it looks like they're almost going out of their way to cherry pick the bugs they want to resolve. They went so far as to break third-party themes in late beta versions of Fx3 and they told the themers that they wouldn't fix them before at least 3.0.1, or maybe it would be 3.1. I understand that they have a number of things they have to fix for three platforms (more if you count the various versions within an OS) but they seem to be moving away from making Fx a lean mean browsing machine and toward seeing how many long-term users they can tick off while still making noobs happy. Either way they want to go, I'm glad to have found Epiphany, even though I had to give up some favorite addons.

Of course this is just one users opinion. YMMV.
    For an OSX look check out Mac4Lin (updated support thread)
    Follow me on Twitter | My Blog
    The Search tool is your friend.

Beans

Since updated yesterday, GlobalMenu does not start, and at startup got the message: "El panel ha encontrado un problema mientras cargaba «OAFIID:GlobalMenu_PanelApplet»." (Intrepid on AMD Turion 64x2 Dell Inspiron 1501)
    I try uninstalling and installing again but nothing works.
    Even worst. No one of the applications now showing their menus. I undestant than certain GTK packages must be reinstalled in order to restore the menues, but wich ones?.
    Is there a way to reinstall the previous version??
    Thanks

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rafo2001 View Post
    Since updated yesterday, GlobalMenu does not start, and at startup got the message: "El panel ha encontrado un problema mientras cargaba «OAFIID:GlobalMenu_PanelApplet»." (Intrepid on AMD Turion 64x2 Dell Inspiron 1501)
    Even worst. No one of the applications now showing their menus. I undestant than certain GTK packages must be reinstalled in order to restore the menues, but wich ones?.
    Thanks
    Hi,

first of all: You shouldn't need to reinstall any gnome application.
    So you're using intrepid on gnome or xfce? Which one exactly?
    To use an older version, remove your apt-line in your sources.list, go to globalmenu's PPA in launchpad and select "superseeded". You will be shown older versions you can install.

To restore your menus, you can also start gconf-editor, then delete /schemas/apps/globalmenu-panel-applet.

PLEASE file a bug on this, because this doesn't sound like a packaging error to me: http://code.google.com/p/gnome2-globalmenu/issues/list

Thanks for testing.

PS Have you read #2778?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bmhm View Post
    Hi,

first of all: You shouldn't need to reinstall any gnome application.
    So you're using intrepid on gnome or xfce? Which one exactly?
    To use an older version, remove your apt-line in your sources.list, go to globalmenu's PPA in launchpad and select "superseeded". You will be shown older versions you can install.

To restore your menus, you can also start gconf-editor, then delete /schemas/apps/globalmenu-panel-applet.

PLEASE file a bug on this, because this doesn't sound like a packaging error to me: http://code.google.com/p/gnome2-globalmenu/issues/list

Thanks for testing.

PS Have you read #2778?
    I followed your idea but there is no such thing as /schemas/apps/globalmenu-panel-applet in gconf-editor. what is the other way to revert to the normal menus?
    Desktop : iMac 21.5" (2011) Core i5 Sandy Bridge - AMD Radeon HD 6750M - 8Gb RAM - OS X 10.8.3 Mountain Lion
    Laptop : EasyNote TS 44HR (2012) - Core i3 Sandy Bridge - Intel HD3000 - 4Gb RAM - elementary OS 0.2 + Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by the8thstar View Post
    I followed your idea but there is no such thing as /schemas/apps/globalmenu-panel-applet in gconf-editor. what is the other way to revert to the normal menus?
    So if you uninstall, there should be some scripts which do the work. First of all, try:
    Code:
    sudo dpkg -r gnome-globalmenu
    If the package is removed already, try to unregister the schemas manually (two actions):
    Code:
    sudo gconf-schemas --unregister /usr/share/gconf/schemas/gnome-globalmenu.schemas
    GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE=xml:merged:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults /usr/bin/gconftool-2 --makefile-install-rule /usr/share/gconf/schemas/gnome-globalmenu.schemas
    also check your .profilerc or .gnomerc not containing an export anymore.

If that didn't help I guess this is not a packaging bug. Please ask the devs at the google page then.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rafo2001 View Post
    Thanks
    Would you be specific about 'since updated yesterday'? Which version was it before you updated?

I understand that certain GTK packages must be reinstalled in order to restore the menus
    Your understanding is true for the 0.4 and prior versions.

Is there a way to reinstall the previous version?
    Again, what does previous mean? 0.6.x, 0.4.x, 0.3.x or the macmenu version?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeeep View Post
    Tried to download/compile latest version through SVN, but I get compile errors.

Code:
    switcher.c: In function ‘switcher_on_activate’:
    switcher.c:303: error: ‘WorkspaceSelector’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    switcher.c:303: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
    switcher.c:303: error: for each function it appears in.)
    switcher.c:303: error: ‘ws’ undeclared (first use in this function)
    switcher.c:304: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘g_object_ref_sink’ makes pointer from integer without a cast
    switcher.c: In function ‘switcher_update’:
    switcher.c:1006: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
    switcher.c: In function ‘switcher_guess_dock_is_around’:
    switcher.c:1149: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
    switcher.c: In function ‘switcher_real_size_allocate’:
    switcher.c:1239: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘((struct GtkWidgetClass *)g_type_check_class_cast((struct GTypeClass *)switcher_parent_class,  gtk_widget_get_type()))->size_allocate’ discards qualifiers from pointer target type
    switcher.c:1240: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘gtk_widget_size_allocate’ discards qualifiers from pointer target type
    switcher.c: In function ‘_switcher_on_activate_gnomenu_menu_bar_activate’:
    switcher.c:1355: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘switcher_on_activate’ from incompatible pointer type
    switcher.c: In function ‘switcher_class_init’:
    switcher.c:1536: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
    switcher.c: In function ‘search_box_menu_item_find_item’:
    switcher.c:1618: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
    switcher.c: In function ‘__lambda1’:
    switcher.c:1722: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
    switcher.c: In function ‘__lambda2’:
    switcher.c:1745: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
    make[3]: *** [GlobalMenu_PanelApplet-switcher.o] Error 1
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/pen/Code/gnome-globalmenu/applet'
    make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/pen/Code/gnome-globalmenu/applet'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pen/Code/gnome-globalmenu'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    This is with the --with-xfce4-panel option as well.

I thought it was just a temporary error, but the past few revisions have had this problem, so I'm posting this here. The normal Gnome version compiles just fine.
    Would you post the issue to the project issue page?

http://gnome2-globalmenu.googlecode.com/
    Click on Issues tab.

There are already bunch of issues scheduled for 0.7.5.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by adredz View Post
    @bmhm: If you don't mind, could you update us regularly about issues that are already fixed and the applications that are now working with the latest snapshot? For instance, I would like to know if openoffice and firefox now work with global-menu...
    Thank you for being interested in our project.
    But asking any human being to do this job is too much.

Google Code has a robot that can feed your rss readers or similar tools with the notifications:

http://code.google.com/p/gnome2-globalmenu/feeds

Page 279 of 299 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289 ... LastLast