Page 250 of 299 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 2990

Thread: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications!

Quote Originally Posted by Psyphre View Post
    Hey, I would like to say thank you very much to all those that have worked hard on this fantastic applet.

Unfortunately I am having trouble (not with installing or using it) but with trying to install other programs. More specifically I am trying to install the aurora and murrine (svn) engines but they are failing to compile.

The reason for this is that it cant detect gtk2.0, so I tried to install libgtk2.0-dev but I am met with this:

'The following packages have unmet dependencies.
    libgtk2.0-dev: Depends: libgtk2.0-0 (= 2.12.9-3ubuntu5) but 2.12.9-4ubuntu3 is to be installed'

I made a thread about this but was told '2.12.9-4ubuntu3' wasnt an official ubuntu package. That is why I am posting here, because I believe it may be related to the global menu applet.

I was hoping someone knows how to tackle this issue as it is preventing me from compiling theme engines.

PS: I believe my mac menu is an older version which is about 1/2 year old (if that has any relevance).

Thank you again.

Psyphre.
    You need a more recent vesion of globaalmenu and _need_ to sync you libgtk* debs with your ubuntu version (this is a bit tricky and need more explainations taht I'll try to provide to you tommorrow).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Ayoli:

Thank you so much for you reply. Since my post I decided to just upgrade to Intrepid (having the mac menu was the only thing holding me back, i didnt want to go through installing it again). So now I no longer have that problem, however now I cant install the mac menu because the installation instructions I used to follow are gone (the wiki page no longers hold them). Could you kindly link me to a webpage which tells me how to install the latest Global Menu for intrepid?

Thanks once again.

Psyphre.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I recently updated to the 0.7.1 of the gnome2-globalmenu and tried out the setting that shows an icon next ot the menu.

The problem is however, that this icon is too big. I want it to be 16x16, but it is at least 24x24. Any possibilities to change this with i.e. gtkrc or source code changes?

EDIT: I managed to shrink the icon, but it still doesn't load the 16x16 icon, which would look a lot nicer and sharper than a shrinked 24x24
    Last edited by Leno.; January 7th, 2009 at 03:08 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Leno. View Post
    I recently updated to the 0.7.1 of the gnome2-globalmenu and tried out the setting that shows an icon next ot the menu.

The problem is however, that this icon is too big. I want it to be 16x16, but it is at least 24x24. Any possibilities to change this with i.e. gtkrc or source code changes?

EDIT: I managed to shrink the icon, but it still doesn't load the 16x16 icon, which would look a lot nicer and sharper than a shrinked 24x24
    How did you shrink the icon?
    Would you file an issue at the project site?

Perhaps the applet should be wise enough to pick up the 'mini-icon' of an window if the geomety is small.

Beans

Today, the subversion revision reached a historical number: 1984.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Psyphre View Post
    Ayoli:

Thank you so much for you reply. Since my post I decided to just upgrade to Intrepid (having the mac menu was the only thing holding me back, i didnt want to go through installing it again). So now I no longer have that problem, however now I cant install the mac menu because the installation instructions I used to follow are gone (the wiki page no longers hold them). Could you kindly link me to a webpage which tells me how to install the latest Global Menu for intrepid?

Thanks once again.

Psyphre.
    here :
    http://ayozone.org/2008/11/10/how-to...untu-intrepid/
    New globalmenu doesn't require anymore to patch gtk, install is easier now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by rainwoodman View Post
    today, the subversion revision reached a historical number: 1984.

:d

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by rainwoodman View Post
    How did you shrink the icon?
    Would you file an issue at the project site?

Perhaps the applet should be wise enough to pick up the 'mini-icon' of an window if the geomety is small.
    Hehe, I just shrinked the panel. I expected the applet to choose the smaller icon, but instead it just shrinked the one it had. High resolution icons shrinked down to 16x16 doesn't look that nice.

This is really not just a globalmenu problem. I had to mod my other panel icons on a per icon basis, but I can't do this with globalmenu since it uses all apps-icons, not just a small collection of icons.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ayoli View Post
    here :
    http://ayozone.org/2008/11/10/how-to...untu-intrepid/
    New globalmenu doesn't require anymore to patch gtk, install is easier now.
    Thank you very much Ayoli.

Ive rarely had a problem installing global menu, however for some reason I cant compile it. Ive installed it on my laptop and it works, but I get an error on my desktop. Both use intrepid.

Vala installs fine, and with the global menu I have done:
    .autogen.sh
    ./configure --prefix=/usr

its when i do make that i get a compile error at the end:

Compilation failed: 2 error(s), 7 warning(s)
    make[4]: *** [test-parser.c] Error 1
    make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/ed/gnome-globalmenu-0.6/libgnomenu/tests'
    make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/ed/gnome-globalmenu-0.6/libgnomenu'
    make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ed/gnome-globalmenu-0.6/libgnomenu'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ed/gnome-globalmenu-0.6'
    make: *** [all] Error 2

and above that it mentions several 'GLib.Errors'

So sorry to keep bothering you.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Leno. View Post
    Hehe, I just shrinked the panel. I expected the applet to choose the smaller icon, but instead it just shrinked the one it had. High resolution icons shrinked down to 16x16 doesn't look that nice.

This is really not just a globalmenu problem. I had to mod my other panel icons on a per icon basis, but I can't do this with globalmenu since it uses all apps-icons, not just a small collection of icons.
    I think I may know a solution to your problem (possibly). I havent done it myself becauase I dont actually know the command to do it but it shouldnt be too difficult to ask someone on this forum for it.

Basically when I was customizing my ubuntu i really didnt like the big icons in the toolbars so I looked around my gtkrc and found this line:

gtk-icon-sizes = "panel-menu=16,16anel=8,8:gtk-button=16,16:gtk-large-toolbar=24,24"

so i altered gtk-large-toolbar=24,24 to gtk-large-toolbar=16,16 and now my toolbar uses small 16x16 pixel icons (not resized, but the actual 16x16 icons in your icon set).

Im sure you just need to find out what the name for the top panel is (it cant be panel, because there already is a 'panel' which is set to 8x8)

I dont know if that helps. Let me know either way.

Page 250 of 299 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260 ... LastLast