Page 249 of 299 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 2990

Thread: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications!

Beans

Re: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications!

yes that worked. now it crashes the userswitch applet but i think that is a known and reported bug. thanks you

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas1 View Post
    yes that worked. now it crashes the userswitch applet but i think that is a known and reported bug. thanks you
    To disable globalmenu for userswitch applet and, avoid crashes, put this after the line that loads globalmenu in ~/.profile or ~/.gnomerc:
    Code:
    export GTK_MENUBAR_NO_MAC="fast-user-switch-applet"

Beans

I just installed 'Global Menu'and set it up with the 'Glow'theme. I have a couple of problems though.

1) When using 'Global Menu' I get a separator line between the windecoration and the toolbar, is their a way to remove this? I have looked around inside the gtkrc for the theme but haven't found anything.

2) A icon for the focused program appear before the name and menu, can I remove this icon?

Thanks.
    Try the beautiful Enlightenment17 distro OzOS. | Easy way to install Enlightenment17 from CVS.
    Thanks Rui Pai for all you work intergrating this beautiful Desktop Shell with Ubuntu.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
    1) When using 'Global Menu' I get a separator line between the windecoration and the toolbar, is their a way to remove this? I have looked around inside the gtkrc for the theme but haven't found anything.
    i just had a look at the glow theme, its toolbar seems to have a light upper border, can you give me a screenshot?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Hi guys,
    as shown by the attached video, I added two new features in trunk:

1) Minimized windows are shown in italic
    2) When user iconifies / de-iconifies a window will "go to" / "pop up from" the applet position

A brand new menu layout for the application menu is being implemented and will be available with version 0.7.2

Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by lviggiani; January 5th, 2009 at 06:42 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hey, I would like to say thank you very much to all those that have worked hard on this fantastic applet.

Unfortunately I am having trouble (not with installing or using it) but with trying to install other programs. More specifically I am trying to install the aurora and murrine (svn) engines but they are failing to compile.

The reason for this is that it cant detect gtk2.0, so I tried to install libgtk2.0-dev but I am met with this:

'The following packages have unmet dependencies.
    libgtk2.0-dev: Depends: libgtk2.0-0 (= 2.12.9-3ubuntu5) but 2.12.9-4ubuntu3 is to be installed'

I made a thread about this but was told '2.12.9-4ubuntu3' wasnt an official ubuntu package. That is why I am posting here, because I believe it may be related to the global menu applet.

I was hoping someone knows how to tackle this issue as it is preventing me from compiling theme engines.

PS: I believe my mac menu is an older version which is about 1/2 year old (if that has any relevance).

Thank you again.

Psyphre.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

GlobalMenu not working...

Hi all,

I am having problems to use the GlobalMenu. I use Ubuntu Intrepid with the latest Mac4lin (gtk for globalmenu). I have added and installed the global menu from the PPA the developers mention in the pages, and i do get the globalmenu option in the add applets to the panel. However, once i enable the globalmenu applet, I only see the name of the application in use with a drop down list of options like the ones when you click in the upper left side of any window (close, maximize, minimize, change to other desktop, etc).

Can anyone tell me or help me, what is missing or what am i doing wrong to get those results?

thanks!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: GlobalMenu not working...

Quote Originally Posted by rausuar View Post
    Hi all,

I am having problems to use the GlobalMenu. I use Ubuntu Intrepid with the latest Mac4lin (gtk for globalmenu). I have added and installed the global menu from the PPA the developers mention in the pages, and i do get the globalmenu option in the add applets to the panel. However, once i enable the globalmenu applet, I only see the name of the application in use with a drop down list of options like the ones when you click in the upper left side of any window (close, maximize, minimize, change to other desktop, etc).

Can anyone tell me or help me, what is missing or what am i doing wrong to get those results?

thanks!!!
    do this :
    Code:
    gedit ~/.gnomerc
    paste this in :
    Code:
    export GTK_MODULES=globalmenu-gnome
    save, exit, exit gnome and log in again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by ayoli View Post
    do this :
    Code:
    gedit ~/.gnomerc
    paste this in :
    Code:
    export GTK_MODULES=globalmenu-gnome
    save, exit, exit gnome and log in again.
    Thanks for the tip, it actually worked, firefox doesnt but i dont know if its incompatible or what...

Very good complement for Ubuntu...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by rausuar View Post
    Thanks for the tip, it actually worked, firefox doesnt but i dont know if its incompatible or what...

Very good complement for Ubuntu...
    Unfortunately, firefox is not a real gtk aapliccation (as openoffice in a different way)
    So it won't work with the globalmenu.
    You can use firefox extensions such as hidemenu or compact menu

Page 249 of 299 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259 ... LastLast