Page 204 of 299 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2990

Thread: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications!

Quote Originally Posted by rainwoodman View Post
    I feel I am doing something exceeds my ability.
    You may need to push the limits, but you're able to do whatever you want just if you want it.

keep up the good work

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by rainwoodman View Post
    I feel I am doing something exceeds my ability.
    It's good so far. In fact, its a billion times better than the original. No offence to Adq.

Beans

Hi,

After all these failure experiments, I achieved a design for the new global menu.

Any use cases to break it are welcomed.

http://groups.google.com/group/gnome...27b4a49781607e

Yu

Beans

Things are getting cool. I did a back merge from my branche to trunk
    Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    r1176 | rainwoodman | 2008-08-11 00:22:47 -0400 (Mon, 11 Aug 2008) | 33 lines

Merge changes in branches/0.5-yu

* Not really ready to begin working on applets with this trunk yet.
      * several componets has to be renamed.
      * the GMarkup pseudo xml language is not completeely defined yet.
    * Central controlled blocked-ipc on top of X11.
      * Support transaction: useless and perhaps buggy.
      * 'Client calls SERVER' and 'Client calls client' (forwarded by the server).
      * 'Client calls itself' will deadlock. No way to solve. and useless.
      * Emitting Events. (Useful for the Client to announce eg 'My menubar's 2nd item has been changed', 
               not strongly tested recently, perhaps buggy)
    * uiless, autospawned gnomenu-server
      * IPC interface:
        * BindMenu = bind a toplevel window with one(or more) gnomenu's native object.(usually should be a Menu)
        * UnbindMenu = undo BindMenu
        * ListClients = get some information of all the alive clients. (CID, toplevel windows and their menu bars)
        * LookupWindow = get some information about the given window's owner. (same as above); /*BAD, either the name or behaviour shall be modified*/
    * gnomenu-call as a command-line interface to access IPC interfaces exposed by SERVER and clients(identified with CID, integer from 1000+)
      * gnomenu-call -t TARGET -c command -p parameter -v parameter's_value -p .... -v ....
      * gnomenu-call -e is perhaps broken.
      * gnomenu-call -b is definately broken. (batch mode, use a transaction to send all commands together)
    * Gtk binding of gnomenu(menu.[ch], need to be renamed)
      * Simple introspection of GtkMenuShell.
      * gnomenu_wrap_widget and gnomenu_unwrap_widget.
      * IPC interface:
    	* QueryMenu = query the content of a menu.
        * ActivateItem = activate an item (call gtk_menu_item_activate)
    * GTK patch:
      * load libgnomenu and try to start it at gtkmain. Just after the gdk connection to the display is initialized. (two places)
      * GtkMenuShell, GtkMenuItem: Wrap the widget with a Gnomenu GTK Binding object when created. (so that we can uniquely locate the widget with CID + objectname);
      * GtkMenuBar: Call BindMenu and Unbind Menu when a menu bar is attached to a toplevel window.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    No applet is done at all. The menus are accessible via the command line interface 'gnomenu-call'.

If brave hearts want to do some testing, Please follow this guideline:
    Code:
    (
    #to build gtk+-aqd;
    cd gtk+-aqd; make prepare; make patch; cd gtk+-aqd; make
    )
    Code:
    # Start a sample application with our patched GTK. (gedit)
    # replace the absolute directories with your own directories.
    [rainwoodman@x gtk] env GNOMENU_SERVER=$PWD/../../../libgnomenu/gnomenu-server LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/rainwoodman/Projects/svn/branches/0.5-yu/gtk+-aqd/gtk+-aqd/gtk/.libs:/home/rainwoodman/Projects/svn/branches/0.5-yu/libgnomenu/.libs gdb gedit run

# type run to start it
    Now use gnomenu-call
    Code:
    [rainwoodman@x libgnomenu]$ ./gnomenu-call -t SERVER -c ListClients
    <IPCClient>::Server Found at = 0x4600003
    <IPCClient>::CID obtained: 1006
    <IPCClient>::calling <command name="ListClients" from="1006" to="SERVER"></command>
    <client cid="1006">
    </client>
    <client cid="1001">
    <toplevel window="79691805">
    <menu name="Widget101"/>
    </toplevel>
    </client>

# Widget101 is the menu of window 79691805, so

[rainwoodman@x libgnomenu]$ ./gnomenu-call -t 1001 -c QueryMenu -p menu -v Widget101
    <IPCClient>::CID obtained: 1007
    <IPCClient>::calling <command name="QueryMenu" from="1007" to="1001"><p name="menu">Widget101</p></command>
    <menu name="Widget101">
    <item name="Widget105"><p name="title">File</p><p name="submenu">Widget102</p></item>
    <item name="Widget139"><p name="title">Edit</p><p name="submenu">Widget136</p></item>
    <item name="Widget169"><p name="title">View</p><p name="submenu">Widget166</p></item>
    <item name="Widget264"><p name="title">Search</p><p name="submenu">Widget261</p></item>
    <item name="Widget298"><p name="title">Tools</p><p name="submenu">Widget295</p></item>
    <item name="Widget318"><p name="title">Documents</p><p name="submenu">Widget315</p></item>
    <item name="Widget339"><p name="title">Help</p><p name="submenu">Widget336</p></item>
    </menu>
    # To find an action menu item, has to QueryMenu(menu=Widget102) and I found Widget109 is 'Open', so
    [rainwoodman@x libgnomenu]$ ./gnomenu-call -t 1001 -c ActivateItem -p item -v Widget109
    <IPCClient>::CID obtained: 1010
    <IPCClient>::calling <command name="ActivateItem" from="1010" to="1001"><p name="item">Widget109</p></command>
    OK
    # Then an 'Open File' dialog pops up from gedit window.
    Last edited by rainwoodman; August 11th, 2008 at 05:32 AM.

Beans

Is there anybody who's got a functionnal snapshot of svn before the current modifications, because I managed to compile it for Hardy 64 which worked except from a persistent "lable" on the applet's left. So I decided to compile from branches/0.4 and It won't compile the applet anymore (ok for the libgtk). It keep saying me I can't install in maintainer mode even If I tried all possible ways I know to reconfigure it without this maintainer mode :'(

Beans

SVN is fantastic I just saw I can use svn co -r revision to download a specific revision.

So I took the 1175 which is the last that works for now and I compiled It under my Hardy Heron x86_64. I did some debs for those of you who want them.
    GTK and Applet debs are in separate folders and the GnomeServerApplet.glade is modified for not displaying "label".

Here is the link:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/13659081...bs.tar.gz.html

Give them a try, and if they works, perhaps rainwoodman or another one could upload them on googlecode.

PS: this is a really great project

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Puxbunny View Post
    SVN is fantastic I just saw I can use svn co -r revision to download a specific revision.

So I took the 1175 which is the last that works for now and I compiled It under my Hardy Heron x86_64. I did some debs for those of you who want them.
    GTK and Applet debs are in separate folders and the GnomeServerApplet.glade is modified for not displaying "label".

Here is the link:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/13659081...bs.tar.gz.html

Give them a try, and if they works, perhaps rainwoodman or another one could upload them on googlecode.

PS: this is a really great project

Thank you puxbunny!
    I didn't expect that svn 1175 can actually work. It was quite buggy on my own computer.(and that's what drove me to write those IPC stuff on 1176 and form a new basis).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I can confirm the packages you provided for x64 does work. I tested there is unresolvable package dependency libgtk-directfb-2.0-0-udeb_2.12.9-3ubuntu4.1~aqd1175_amd64.udeb (libatk1.0 is required) but even without using this package it works well. The only problem I found that it does brake some icon theme.

Thanks a lot for packaging...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I was trying to get both the mac menu and the global menu applet to work a while ago. When I couldn't get them to work (they did not show the menu for the applications in the panel) I removed them. Now a few days later, when I first noticed, I now have no menu for nautilus, or any other application that is supposed to show up in the panel when using either of those applets. Now I have no way of using the menu for most of my applications!
    Please help me regain the use of my menus!

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

I am having a similar issue as kortez. I installed the 64-bit package and for a while the menubar was working fine. When I restarted my computer the gnome applet failed to load. After trying about 5 times, it eventually loaded, and then crashed again when I attempted to switch applications.

I was also unable to install the .udeb files

How can I send the nessesary debuging information and how do I have menus until the instability if fixed?
    Last edited by LavianoTS386; August 15th, 2008 at 08:13 PM.
    Intel C2 3.0Ghz E8400 / Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H / 4GB DDR2-PC6400 / 1TB & 320GB SATA Seagate.

Asus EeePC 901

Page 204 of 299 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254 ... LastLast