Page 16 of 299 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications!

Beans

Re: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications!

Updates to edgy seem to have broken this a little, the contents of the menubar stick to that of the first application opened.

I tried to compile gtk with the patch, but my awful typos lead to gtk and for some reason apt complaining of missing libraries, so I have no idea if that would have fixed it.

Any way this can be fixed? I really like the applet, makes me feel Im using system 7 again

edit: it's apparantly just the applet, replacing flargen's applet files with those from your repository have made things awesome again. thanks for all the work.
    Last edited by richshie; October 18th, 2006 at 02:21 PM.

Beans

Hello
    I'd like to report a bug.
    Actually I'm not sure if it is a bug, it is up to the author of the patch to decide

I have used the latest patch for the 2.8 series of gtk2, patched the srpm for Fedora Core 5 and rebuild the i386 rpm. Everything works fine except the F-Spot application. I am not sure why this is happenning, as the menubar is missing from the application's main window, but it does not shows in the panel applet either. I have test-run f-spot with GTK_MENUBAR_NO_MAC=1 and the menubar is back there in the main window. So what is happening with it? It is not there but is is not in the applet either.

I hope someone will resolve this.

Currently I am working on a 'suncen look Aqua like' theme. I could use some help on some strange widgets like the spinner/throbber in the nautilus browser window and so on, so if someone would like to help for this also I'd apreciate. A preview of it can be seen here->

Full size: http://static.flickr.com/120/273483860_44883e01b4_o.png
    It's not going to be easy as more and more of the Gnome core apps use modified widgets and it is hard to draw them. I have read somewhere that someoone is working on an Cairo engine to mimic the Aqua look but nothing new recently. So if someone from this forum would like to help please contact me

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by malwk- View Post
    Hello
    I'd like to report a bug.
    Actually I'm not sure if it is a bug, it is up to the author of the patch to decide

I have used the latest patch for the 2.8 series of gtk2, patched the srpm for Fedora Core 5 and rebuild the i386 rpm. Everything works fine except the F-Spot application. I am not sure why this is happenning, as the menubar is missing from the application's main window, but it does not shows in the panel applet either. I have test-run f-spot with GTK_MENUBAR_NO_MAC=1 and the menubar is back there in the main window. So what is happening with it? It is not there but is is not in the applet either.
    Hi! The problem is f-spot's main window vanishes and then appears again after the menubar is shown (dunno why it does that), so my applets lost track on it.

It's been fixed in the latest gnome/xfce applets, version 1.0.4.

PS: great theme

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    Hi! The problem is f-spot's main window vanishes and then appears again after the menubar is shown (dunno why it does that), so my applets lost track on it.

It's been fixed in the latest gnome/xfce applets, version 1.0.4.

PS: great theme
    Thanks, it works now, also with windows that have notification area applet (like gaim) - when the applet is clicked (and the main windows hidden) and it aprears again the macmenu applet catches it's menubar again. Great work. Thanks.

UPDATE: Unfortunately the new version is crashing too often (and after reloading it does not get the menubar back so I have to restart the applications). I do not know what the reason is it seems to crash randomly, still no clue. Please consider a review, when I have more info I'll write again. I use gtk-2.8.20 and gnome 2.14, maybe it will not crash under 2.10+2.16 ....
    Last edited by malwk-; October 20th, 2006 at 06:38 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

UPDATE: Unfortunately the new version is crashing too often (and after reloading it does not get the menubar back so I have to restart the applications). I do not know what the reason is it seems to crash randomly, still no clue. Please consider a review, when I have more info I'll write again. I use gtk-2.8.20 and gnome 2.14, maybe it will not crash under 2.10+2.16 ....
    It does crash when the closing windows, but only after I change gtk style

Anyway, I fixed the problem by add more checking code, version 1.0.5. It should work fine now.

(the code for xfce and gnome appplets has been merged and the filename is macmenu-applet.c; and it needs gcc -DFOR_GNOME or -DFOR_XFCE to build)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by AqD View Post
    It does crash when the closing windows, but only after I change gtk style

Anyway, I fixed the problem by add more checking code, version 1.0.5. It should work fine now.

(the code for xfce and gnome appplets has been merged and the filename is macmenu-applet.c; and it needs gcc -DFOR_GNOME or -DFOR_XFCE to build)
    Thanks, It is stable now, at least after 5-6 hours of intensive use with unstable aaplications (like democracy, it's menubar does not show in the applet until i switch the focus to another app and then go back to it, then it shows and works fine )

Once again BRAVO for the great job.

Beans

Thanks for the Mac-Style menubar, this is how my desktop looks like today: http://ubuntuforums.org/gallery/show...oto=3854&cat=2

Beans

Any chance of getting some kind of "Corner Applet" (Like xfce4-corner-plugin) to the Gnome

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by zammi View Post
    Thanks for the Mac-Style menubar, this is how my desktop looks like today: http://ubuntuforums.org/gallery/show...oto=3854&cat=2
    zammi, any chance to give us a link for your GTK theme?
    I really Like it, I am working on such theme but I faced some difficulties with particular widgets and I'd like to see how it is resolved in your theme. Thanks in advance.
    Also I'm interested in the panel as well. Please share it with us

Beans

zammi, any chance to give us a link for your GTK theme?
    I really Like it, I am working on such theme but I faced some difficulties with particular widgets and I'd like to see how it is resolved in your theme. Thanks in advance.
    Also I'm interested in the panel as well. Please share it with us
    Just started to mod the cairo based gtk engine called Dyndyn, but no major differences. Hope to publish it when I manage to workout at least the buttons/scrollbars to make it an aqua like theme engine

The dock I'm using is called KXDocker (http://www.xiaprojects.com/www/prodo...cker/main.php).
    You can get the Ubuntu packages from : http://xgl.compiz.info/pool/main/k/

Page 16 of 299 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast