Page 111 of 299 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2990

Thread: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications!

Quote Originally Posted by baballin328 View Post
    Yeah lol I've done that command many times and it still comes up with the error that there is a size mismatch.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install --reinstall libgtk2.0-0

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by herrma29 View Post
    I got it installed and running, but I seem to be having a problem with firefox. It won't show the menu on the applet. I am running it on gutsy.
    It doesn't work with firefox since firefox emulate gtk

Beans

Since I didnt get a single reply to my ideas before:
    In this post, I attached something that could evolve into an FDO draft and maybe even an example implementation, but I cant and dont intend to do that on my own.
    I hope at least some people will join the discussion, so tell me if its complete crap or what needs work, useability ideas, whatever.

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Quote Originally Posted by ayoli View Post
    It doesn't work with firefox since firefox emulate gtk

Are there any other programs that won't work with it? Right now GIMP doesn't work either. I haven't checked all of them yet, but it would be nice to know.

EDIT: It was working fine for several programs until I tried to follow the instructions here: http://ayozone.org/2007/10/31/macmen...e-220-gtk-212/

Now, the name of the app shows up, but the menus are still on the app window. Any clue how to get it back to where it was?
    Last edited by herrma29; November 7th, 2007 at 03:04 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by herrma29 View Post
    Are there any other programs that won't work with it? Right now GIMP doesn't work either. I haven't checked all of them yet, but it would be nice to know.

EDIT: It was working fine for several programs until I tried to follow the instructions here: http://ayozone.org/2007/10/31/macmen...e-220-gtk-212/

Now, the name of the app shows up, but the menus are still on the app window. Any clue how to get it back to where it was?
    I don't understant why did you fellow this how to when your mac menu was working ?
    Your description means your libgtk isn't patched anymore.
    This howto has worked for me and some people on gusty 32bits without problems.
    what's your distro ? did you use my packages or just fellowed the howto ? did you have an update at the end from a non trusted repos for libgtk ?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Hi, I'm new to this forum, and I can't find anything, could someone please summarize how to get the mac menu bar, I've tried many things, and none of them worked, I am running gutsy, so if someone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

I don't understant why did you fellow this how to when your mac menu was working ?
    Your description means your libgtk isn't patched anymore.
    This howto has worked for me and some people on gusty 32bits without problems.
    what's your distro ? did you use my packages or just fellowed the howto ? did you have an update at the end from a non trusted repos for libgtk ?
    I had originally thought that more programs were supposed to work than had been working, which is why I tried to use the method on that site to add the patch to libgtk. I just followed some of the directions on the wiki page with no results as well. I still have the app name in the bar, but all the menus are in the app window.

I am running this on gutsy. Is there any way to uninstall the program and restore libgtk to before the patch in order to try again?

I believe I did have an update after following those instructions for libgtk.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

uninstalling can be done with :
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install --reinstall -y libgtk2.0-0

Beans

Code:
    sudo apt-get install --reinstall libgtk2.0-0
    UGH! This is getting annoying! It STILL says that there are:
    E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

Beans

Ok the wiki page is a little confusing at the end. What are all of these packages, and which do we use where?

Page 111 of 299 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast