Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Do You Ubuntu?"

Beans

"Phoenix Fire Ubuntu"

Phoenix Fire Ubuntu

This is a new addition to my little collection. Feel free to use it as you wish. Leave some feedback if you like it!

Jesse~
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Currently running Operating Systems:
    Linux Mint 10 "Julia" (x86) | Maemo 5 (Nokia N900 Phone ARM) | Windows 7 Ultimate (x86)

Beans

Re: "Phoenix Fire Ubuntu"

I think there is some really nice graphics here... just one thing immediately jumped to my eyes... there's a bit too much beveling going on. IMHO one thing that immediately turns a well designed graphic into somethig that just looks unprofessional is bevels on type (and filters generally). the problem is, bevels is one of the things (like the plastic bag filter in photoshop) you always use when you're beginning to get aquainted with PS... so when I see it it always gives me this effect...
    and apart from this, I think type looks so much better without any 3D fx on it!
    [>] visit my brand new blog: weblog.papernoise.net
    [+] follow me on twitter: twitter.com/papernoise

Beans

Re: "Do You Ubuntu?"

Hmm, good point. I'll edit it and repost it...and I still need to repost my original "Do You Ubuntu?" image with less text.

Jesse~

EDIT
    Okay, I edited both images. Let me know if they are better! Thanks again for the feedback!

Do You Ubuntu? - 1024x768
    Phoenix Fire Ubuntu - 1400x1050
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jperez; September 5th, 2006 at 07:37 PM.
    Linux Mint 10 "Julia" (x86) | Maemo 5 (Nokia N900 Phone ARM) | Windows 7 Ultimate (x86)

Beans

Re: Ubuntu Art #1

Hey nice wallpapers! Do you think you could post a link to where you found the original picture of the grass and blue sky in your first image? I really like that picture

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by NakedGreekStatue View Post
    Hey nice wallpapers! Do you think you could post a link to where you found the original picture of the grass and blue sky in your first image? I really like that picture
    I got it from a site that offers free stock images. Here's the main site:

http://www.sxc.hu/home

In order to download any images, you need to register, but it's free, so that's what I did. Here's the actual image (I hope you have broadband):

http://www.sxc.hu/photo/558393

Jesse~

Beans

oh yes! that's better!
    in fact I like the one with the sky quite a bit.
    still I wonder if those black strokes around the letter aren't maybe a bit to hard... sorry if I'm such a bugger...

edit: I forgto... thanks for the link to that stock photo site! I've been looking for some time for something like this!
    Last edited by HanZo; September 5th, 2006 at 09:02 PM.

Beans

HanZo, don't be silly. I like this kind of feedback. Gets me to make better work. Also, I thought that too, but it was a bit of a rush job. When I have a little more time, I'll improve on it. Again, thanks for the feedback. It really does help out.

Jesse~

Beans

glad to hear that! I think too that these kind of comments help to improve the final work... that's why I make them! nontheless my experience shows that some people are not used to it and may feel attacked so I'm always very cautios.

Beans

I really do appreciate the feedback, as you can plainly tell.

In fact, here's a message to all those that receive feedback and feel attacked:

Quite being so freaking sensitive!

Art work and feedback are a perfect pair! If feedback is not given, then nothing can ever be improved, if chosen to be presented to the public. If you want to make some fabulous works, not just art, and you take all feedback with a grain of salt, you will improve on your work vastly!

I should know this about my ADX Frontend for Windows. Some didn't like it due to it missing features, but because of the feedback given, I am working on adding those features.

Anyone else care to share their thoughts?

Jesse~

Beans

Quite being so freaking sensitive!
    okie dokie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast