Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Murrine Official Thread

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Murrine Official Thread

I must be doing something wrong. I downloaded the deb package of gtk2 engines Murrine 0.10 from post #3. Double clicked the deb, installed fine. Can't find any references to Murrine in Themes Preferences. Downloaded the theme pack, extracted and placed the themes in /home/<your_username>/.themes - Nothing. I then removed them from there and tried /usr/share/themes - Still nothing. What am I doing wrong???
    Last edited by Uncle Spellbinder; August 31st, 2006 at 07:49 AM.
    Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without Music, Life Would Be A Mistake" - So, what album are you NOW PLAYING?

My Last.FM | My Original Music at Jamendo

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Ah

thank you guys!

Beans
    Distro

Anyone?
    Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without Music, Life Would Be A Mistake" - So, what album are you NOW PLAYING?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by jadfw007 View Post
    I'm trying to get Murrine working in Dapper on AMD 64. When I try to run the config script (./config [options] from the source directory), I get an error that tells me GTK 2.8 isn't installed.

I did an apt-get install on libgtk2.0-0 (or something like that) which, according to the Debian site, should have me at GTK 2.8. Nothing was updated so it seems 2.8 shipped with Dapper.

So I tried running the config script again and got the same error. Any ideas? Better yet, is there a DEB file for AMD 64 floating around that I just haven't found yet?
    you have to install the "librequired"-dev packages in order to compile things on a debian/ubuntu system. Try something like apt-get install libgtk2.0-0-dev or something similar... then re-run configure and see what happenes (and apt-get new required libs)

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Spellbinder View Post
    Anyone?
    You will find Murrina ecc ecc in Theme details under Theme preferences (remember murrina is an italian word that means a glass artwork, the engine is called murrine because it draws a lot of murrine! ...as murrine is plural)

Beans
    Distro

I open theme preferences and I have three choices under "theme details", controls - window borders - icons. The only mention of Murrina, Murrine, et al is the Murrina-Eternal_Blue theme I installed after installing your deb package of gtk2 engines Murrine 0.10 from post #3. Other than that, there is no mention of Murrina.

Beans

I have the exact same problem, fresh install and after installing the newest package there is no reference to the theme at all. Every other theme I install is in theme details though. I think their might be something wrong with the package for people who don't have a previous version?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I installed the theme pack, but the only theme I get out of it is the NeoGraphite one.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Cimi86 View Post
    you have to install the "librequired"-dev packages in order to compile things on a debian/ubuntu system. Try something like apt-get install libgtk2.0-0-dev or something similar... then re-run configure and see what happenes (and apt-get new required libs)
    Yup, that was it. Thanks!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Spellbinder View Post
    I open theme preferences and I have three choices under "theme details", controls - window borders - icons. The only mention of Murrina, Murrine, et al is the Murrina-Eternal_Blue theme I installed after installing your deb package of gtk2 engines Murrine 0.10 from post #3. Other than that, there is no mention of Murrina.
    Still no luck. Just have no clue what else to do.

Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast