Quote Originally Posted by ananaboogie View Post
Thanks for all your hard work Jereme. I just set up a computer lab for a small Christian School using Ubuntu Christian Edition, they love it. I have a question though.

The network for the lab looks like this: internet>router>Ubuntu CE 7.04>switch>10 XP Pro machines. When i installed Ubuntu CE 7.04 on the server dansguardian was functioning. I then installed firestarter, and dansguardian was still functioning. I then configured internet connection sharing and that broke dansguardian. All the computers in the lab can reach the internet and the server can see all the clients. Firestarter functions perfectly and reports all connections properly. Tinyproxy and dansguardian services are running and reporting no errors. The problem is that i get no filtering at all. its like ICS bypassed tinyproxy or something. If you know of any documentation on setting up dansguardian for a network enviroment it would be very helpful. Sorry for the long post.
Thank you for letting me know how you are using Ubuntu CE. It is awesome to hear about it.

Honestly, my knowledge of setting up the filtering on a network is limited. There are several other forum members who are much more likely to know the answer. I am sorry that I can't be more help. I will watch this thread closely to see what comes of your question.

God Bless, Jereme