Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Tribler : the best bittorrent client for linux ?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Tribler : the best bittorrent client for linux ?

Does Tribler support importing partial downloads, or does it have a plugin that can do so? If so I'm sold.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigo666 View Post
    Oh, and by the way, I forgot to mention Tribler:

When I try to run it, this is what I got:

rodrigo@ubuntu64:~$ tribler
    ls: /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.6*: Arquivo ou diretório inexistente
    Hmmm... No wxPython unicode package found for python2.4, cannot run Tribler, sorry
    exit: 13: Illegal number: -1
    This is what I'm getting too. WTF does it mean?

edit: I copied wx* from python2.5 to python2.4. that seems to have worked.
    Last edited by Hangly; April 17th, 2007 at 11:05 PM.

Beans

One of the two repository doesn't work, the other one misses some dependencies and Tribler doesn't run on Feisty.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by giuliastro View Post
    One of the two repository doesn't work, the other one misses some dependencies and Tribler doesn't run on Feisty.
    You can get a feisty deb from getdeb.net:
    http://www.getdeb.net/app.php?name=Tribler

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check out Tribler

Beans

Well this is my first ever mention on a ubuntu forum and I am doing this to hopefully help some other newbies like me.
    I got so wound up with windows problems over and over I finally took the plunge to Ubuntu 2 weeks ago. I can only say how pleased, well overjoyed I am that I made the decision to. It seemed a little daunting and complicated to start with but I soon got the hang of it and it kicks you know what over windows!
    Back to what the forum is about. I have spent so much time with torrents in the last couple of years and on windows there was no question for me that Utorrent was by far the best. To find initially I couldn't use it on Ubuntu was a real dissapointment so I tried many clients including Ktorrent, Rtorrent, Deluge, Azureus, bittornado and qbittorrent. I don't have the worlds best download speed the differences between them was often vast.
    I then found I could use Utorrent under Wine which as a Newbie was awkward at first but I figured it out. It seemed good at first but the speeds were very up and down. I went back to Deluge and found it was so slow but most stable.
    I still wasn't happy so I did some further research and there seemed to be a lot of mention for Transmission although I couldn't find an easy download for it. I did finally find one and what can I say. Well finally I have found a torrent that gets me over 200kbs constant again and doesn't take all my resources to do so.
    My million percent recommendation to anyone new is transmission, it pickss up very quickly and holds a very solid and constant full throttle speed. The link I found for download is on this page:

http://www.techystuff.info/?p=96

I hope this will help someone who struggled as much as I did.

Thanks

Lee

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Can you use Tribler like a standard bittorent client? I.E. can I point FireFox at it and then click the torrent in FireFox? I tried, but I can't find the actual program itself (It must be there somewhere.)

Other than that I like it quite a bit. I did use Azureus, but the last updat I got made it slow my system down to a complete crawl, to the point where I had to kill the desktop to stop it running (this would happen within 2 minutes of starting Azureus).Tribler slows it down too, once it gets really going on a downwload, but not nearly as much....

Beans

i am using it and it is damn slow on my ubuntu. p4 1.8 and 1 gig RAM.

plus the UI messes up a lot of time requiring a kill switch.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by luvcash75 View Post
    The link I found for download is on this page:

http://www.techystuff.info/?p=96

I hope this will help someone who struggled as much as I did.
    www.getdeb.net has it too

Beans

hey fellas... i downloaded tribler 4.1.7 deb from tribler.org... and ive been runnin it over nyte... all the downloads seem to start well... they keep running at nice speeds and all... but when the next day i wake up and chek on it... i find it all screwed up... i realize that nuthin has downloaded... all the downloads r bak to 0% and they r starting all over again... this is bad... cuz i usually download loads of stuff which doesnt complete in a day with my ****** speeds... but if theres nuthing like continuing its own partial downloads then wats the use... i guess ill switch over to azureus or transmission now...
    i like the tribler concept and i wanna use it... so pls reply fast....

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast