Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tribler : the best bittorrent client for linux ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Tribler : the best bittorrent client for linux ?

I see Tribler has provided an "unstable" debian repository (see http://tribler.org/index2.php?layer0=6). I know too little about the package system, but would it mess up my Dapper installing Tribler from this?

Edit: Just curious, the package you provided works fine
    Last edited by st14n; September 3rd, 2006 at 07:00 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by reda_ea View Post
    Hi, sorry didn't notice it was updated, I'll make a package tomorrow.

EDIT
    here is it: http://membres.lycos.fr/bou3ou/packa...untu3_i386.deb
    Hello,

Thanks for the tribler package.
    I've installed previous version some time earlier, but it stopped working (the same problems that were mensioned here), so I decided to download the new one
    I installed all necessary programs (such as newest swig, wxPython and m2crypto) and then installed your package. And now, when I try to startr tribler it only shows error message:

I'm rather new with linux, but checked (in Synaptic) that I've got correct versions of programs:
    openssl - 0.9.8
    swig - 1.3.27
    wxPython - http://www.wxpython.org/download.php - Starship repository for Ubuntu 6.06
    m2crypto downloaded version 0.16 and installed (but in Synaptic it is still visible as version 0.13 - I don't know why)

I don't know what else I can do to make Tribler work again

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Thanks again for the deb!

PS: Can you please post a basic guide to compile this client? thanks ina dvabce!}

Cheers!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Was looking forward to trying it but i got the 64 version of ubuntu bugger bugger bugger

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

@st14n
    I think that repo will make you install at least the m2crypto lib which you shouldn't ijnstall over the ubuntu one. and also be careful of upgrading your ubuntu packages to debian versions from that repo as it make break stuff (if I need a package from debian I download it manually and install it

@wampirek
    you don't need to install anything, everything is availaible in the ubuntu repos, and will install from dependencies in the package, except the M2crypto which is compiled with tribler so you don't even need to have it installed.
    so just remove the wxpython you got from the special repo (wxpython is availaible in default repos), and, did you install M2Crypto yourself ? of with gdebi/dpkg ? anyway you don't need it since it's included in my package.

@TSP
    you need to download the special hacked M2Crypto they made (I think it's in their website) and use it with tribler, you don't need to do anything else, just install the other dependencies, and it will work.
    As for compiling that special M2Crypto, you will need a lot of packages including python sources (headers) because you are compiling a python module...and you should be careful not to overwrite your current version in Ubuntu (synaptic wont tell you and that may create problems). Other than that it's very easy

Oh, and could someone provide a 64bit package ? I don(t have a machine where I can make it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Thanks for the info

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by reda_ea View Post
    @wampirek
    you don't need to install anything, everything is availaible in the ubuntu repos, and will install from dependencies in the package, except the M2crypto which is compiled with tribler so you don't even need to have it installed.
    so just remove the wxpython you got from the special repo (wxpython is availaible in default repos), and, did you install M2Crypto yourself ? of with gdebi/dpkg ? anyway you don't need it since it's included in my package.
    So I just removed wxpython (using Synaptic), removed special repos from my sources.list, updated it and installed wxpython again (from Ubuntu repos).
    After that I made: sudo dpkg -i tribler3.5.deb and then tribler
    And that's what my Ubuntu returned:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/share/tribler/abc.py", line 14, in ?
    import wx
    File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.6-gtk2-unicode/wx/__init__.py", line 42, in ?
    from wx._core import *
    File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.6-gtk2-unicode/wx/_core.py", line 13405, in ?
    from _misc import *
    File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.6-gtk2-unicode/wx/_misc.py", line 4, in ?
    import _misc_
    ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.6-gtk2-unicode/wx/_misc_.so: symbol _ZTV11wxLogBuffer, version WXU_2.6 not defined in file libwx_baseu-2.6.so.0 with link time reference

so I think that version 2.6 of wxpython unicode is not installed How should I do it then?

M2Crypto - dowloaded http://wiki.osafoundation.org/pub/Pr...to-0.16.tar.gz and installed:

python2.4 setup.py build
    python2.4 setup.py install

Should I remove it? How?

I know that these are probably basic questions, but as I said before, I'm new with linux...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

reda here is another similar client based in abc (is more like utorrent)amd you can build it the same way you do with tribler, if you have time can you make a deb for us? Thanks in advance!

http://bit-torrent.sourceforge.net/

Im just build deb of libtorrent and btg (another bittorrent client) i have deb of rtorrent, ktorrent and a couple of other bittorrent client for ubuntu if anyone's want it, give me advice please

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by TSP View Post
    reda here is another similar client based in abc (is more like utorrent)amd you can build it the same way you do with tribler, if you have time can you make a deb for us? Thanks in advance!

http://bit-torrent.sourceforge.net/
    Thank you, thank you very much! Torrent swapper works fine Tribler still shows error message, but Swapper downloads and uploads very well
    I had to install wxPython from Starship repository again, but it was worth it
    Startind it from command line is uncomfortable, but at least, it works 8)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

i guess an amd64 deb of one of these is too much to ask for?
    hardy 64 bit

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast