Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A+

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: A+

Quote Originally Posted by loserboy View Post
    oh heh sorry I wasn't thinking about you guys not knowing what it was....

anyway as mentioned its a It certification... kinda entry level, its really pretty easy if you've had experience with all the parts on the test.

they test you about DOS, win 9x, Me, NT/2000 and xp....problem is I never did much in DOS except for like install doom and wolfenstein or corridor 7 (i as like 9yrs old). Iv'e never touched NT and Barely used 2000.
    What do you need to know dos for? They'd better ask about Bash , now bashing MS is something i'm very good at .
    But well I think I'h have the same problems as you, just not experienced enough with the environments they test.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Yeah the hardware part was easy. It's the OS part which starts getting picky. Ah, well, don't give up!

Beans

hang in there bud they changed from when I did it a few years back it was adaptive testing then now have to answer every bloody question dont give up like lord illidan says try and some test sample and learn from them

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Yeah the hardware part was easy. It's the OS part which starts getting picky. Ah, well, don't give up!
    thanks, I know i'll get it, i'm just bummed out for the day

I think what happened is I spent way too much time studying hardware thinking it was gonna be impossible, then I was tired of studying when I got to the OS.

Some of the stuff they just throw in randomly is soooo stupid - "if theres an order for a 21" monitor but its on the top shelf what do you do?"
    "To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge"

Beans

just out interest how much did you pay for the test when i took it was £100 plus vat total £117.50 not a cheap thing for 20 mins of rattling your brains

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by loserboy View Post
    "if theres an order for a 21" monitor but its on the top shelf what do you do?"
    Well, what do you do?? This question is really stupid!

Beans

get a step ladder lol

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by bigken View Post
    just out interest how much did you pay for the test when i took it was £100 plus vat total £117.50 not a cheap thing for 20 mins of rattling your brains
    Yeah, for that amount of money, the quality of the test leaves much to be desired. Also, it has the dangerous effect of making you think you know everything, when in fact, you are just scratching the surface.

Beans

ye I remember when I took mine I was shaking as could not afford to fail
    the hardware test I passed 1st time and it only 4 minutes this was on the adaptive then when I took the OS test it took and 20 mins as I had to answer all the Qs but gald to say I did pass

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

just out interest how much did you pay for the test
    it's $153 US for each part...def not something I wanted to spend more than once, also when I went for the 1st one i thought that it included both tests.

Well, what do you do?? This question is really stupid!
    lol I know, I think the options were

You are a technician in a warehouse you have an order for a 21" monitor but its on the top shelf what do you do:

a. ignore the order

b. tell someone else to do it

c. wait until you are reminded to do it later

d. wait until you can get some help from someone else to get it down

Edit obviously i put d.
    "To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast