Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO set up Juniper Network Connect VPN on Ubuntu Dapper

Beans

Re: HOWTO set up Juniper Network Connect VPN on Ubuntu Dapper

I had a problem on my fresh install at first because I accedently skipped this step
    "The installer wants to use su, not sudo. I just set my root password to something while I installed it"

It crashed the Network connect applet while connecting. After setting the password and installing the app everything runs smooth.

Beans

Hi, I followed instructions of the first post. When I log into the Juniper home page, and I click the button Start besides "Windows secure application manager" I get the "Your OS/platform is not supported for this component." message.
    Neither the directory ~/juniper_networks is created.
    My customer has Juniper Secure Access SSL VPN. Is this the same you are succeeding to run here?
    Where I'm going wrong?

thanks
    Davide.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Of course you should not click the button that says "Windows secure application manager", because you are not running Windows. You are running GNU/Linux, and therefore the Windows secure application manager will not be supported on your system.

Instead, you should click the button above that that says "Network connect".

Then proceed as described.
    "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist

Beans

thanks for the reply.
    After logging in to the customer VPN site I have the page I attach so no "Network connect".
    Any consideration on this?

Thanks
    Davide.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro

Looks like your company didn't deploy the non-Windows VPN solution.

I don't know that much about the administrative side of this so I can't say if that costs extra, or how you might go about getting it enabled. You'll have to contact your IT folks and ask them to turn it on.

I've attached a screenshot of what the bottom of my VPN page looks like.

Beans

Hi

This thread has given me great hope, I am trying to connect to our corporate VPN, and I am unable to do so from Linux. Our company is basically only on MS, and our solutions dont focus on any other OSs.

The problem is that on our Juniper solution, if I authenticate on the website with the token, I will not see the Network Connect, nor the Windows Application Manager unless I am on the AD domain. I guess its the host checker which checks it? Any way to overcome that limitation?

When I connect from a windows machine thats on our Global AD, I am shown the Application Manager, etc.

Thanks
    Ben

Beans

Is there anybody that can point me where to obtain the linux client software? is it enough to put the installation files in the ~/.juniper_networks foler?

thanks

Beans

Hello,

I am also trying to get Ubuntu to work with Network Connect. After supplying credentials, the Network Connect piece begins to load and the following error is displayed:

"rpm query for openssl failed".

Screenshot attached.

Any help on this is sincerely appreciated.

Respectfully,
    Bob Slattery

Beans
    Distro

Did you follow the directions in the very first post on this thread? If you had you wouldn't be getting this error

Beans

My humble apologies for breaking the first rule of posting to the thread - READ THE ENTIRE THREAD FIRST!!

After reading the complete thread, my fresh feisty install works wonderfully with Netwrok Connect except for DNS, no name resolution through the NC tunnel. I am working on that issue now and believe I saw someone with the same issue posted here.

Thanks for *scold*, I needed it.

Respectfully,
    bslattery

Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast