Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 54553545556 LastLast

Thread: HOWTO set up Juniper Network Connect VPN on Ubuntu Dapper

Beans

Re: HOWTO set up Juniper Network Connect VPN on Ubuntu Dapper

Is there anyway to get this to work with 2-way-auth?

When i login to my companies vpn via their website i first enter my Username, then after a while i get a sms with password i enter that in to the site and pair with my personal-pin and then I am logged in and can start the client.

When i try to use the script i get prompted for a password directly when i try to login, so i guess no request is sent to the server so I dont get any password sms, but if i enter a "fake" password i get the password sms, but now i cant enter a password becouse i already used a fake one. So it seams to be kind of working but I would need the script to send a login request before password prompt and after that send the real login request.

Anyone got this working with a simular setup?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cparlette View Post
    I was having problems connecting, the client would crash with setuid errors and core dumps. Ultimately, my problem was that my home dir is encrypted, so once I moved ncsvc outside of my home dir and created a symlink, it worked fine.
    Man you saved my life!!!! Weird solution but definitly solved my issue!!!

Beans

Upon establishing a VPN tunnel using Network Connect, how might I be able to check the tunnel's status? I need to feed a return value back into a bash script that first checks if the VPN is connected, and if not, connects it.
    Any leads, anyone? Help is appreciated!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dezzie View Post
    Upon establishing a VPN tunnel using Network Connect, how might I be able to check the tunnel's status? I need to feed a return value back into a bash script that first checks if the VPN is connected, and if not, connects it.
    Any leads, anyone? Help is appreciated!

Using grep, you can do the following:
    /sbin/ifconfig tun0|grep -ci 'UP'
    to check if your tunnel is running or not.

Beans

Hi all,

I've been fighting the juniper VPN client on Linux many, many years. Recently we shifted to two factor authentication, and that completely broke all the scripts / etc I've ever seen on this thread. So I took another look at getting the normal web-ui-launched client working, and finally got it working (two factor authentication and all) with help from this KB article:

http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/ind...ent&id=KB25230

the key for me (YMMV) was installing 32 bit java (obv) but also

- adding 32 bit java to alternatives
    - sudo ln -s /usr/bin/update-alternatives /usr/sbin/

Beans

Did anyone had any luck recently with Juniper networks Network Connect 8.0 client on Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS and using a certificate? I am not sure if people gave up on this issue or is perhaps Juniper providing some assistance on how to authenticate with their VPN from linux client. I have tried original isntructions from madscientist page but no luck yet.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by zikona2 View Post
    Did anyone had any luck recently with Juniper networks Network Connect 8.0 client on Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS and using a certificate? I am not sure if people gave up on this issue or is perhaps Juniper providing some assistance on how to authenticate with their VPN from linux client. I have tried original isntructions from madscientist page but no luck yet.
    Yes, but not with msjnc, at least not for two-factor. First I tried the link from the post before yours and got it working with FireFox. Then I found a command line tool called jvpn which had an open pull request adding support for two-factor. So I grabbed that and also hacked in some basic indicator support.

Beans

I am trying jvpn and looks like a its a pretty nice script to get this going. Unfortunately I am getting stuck at "Unable to get DSID, exiting". My employer is using a cert which I downloaded and installed through firefox. What is a two-factor that you are referring to?

Beans

Greetings msjnc users. So it looks like Network Manager in Ubuntu 15.10 breaks VPN connections. I can connect using msjnc, obtain an IP, but then immediately disconnects. I'm using the juniper network connect client 7.2R4. If disable network-manager and use /etc/network/intefaces (via dhcp), then VPN/msjnc works.

I'm not aware of any bug report submitted for network-manager in relation to this, so if anyone knows of such a report, please post it. The version of network-manager on my Ubuntu 15.10 is 1.0.4-0ubuntu5.1

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by el_sordo View Post
    Greetings msjnc users. So it looks like Network Manager in Ubuntu 15.10 breaks VPN connections. I can connect using msjnc, obtain an IP, but then immediately disconnects. I'm using the juniper network connect client 7.2R4. If disable network-manager and use /etc/network/intefaces (via dhcp), then VPN/msjnc works.

I'm not aware of any bug report submitted for network-manager in relation to this, so if anyone knows of such a report, please post it. The version of network-manager on my Ubuntu 15.10 is 1.0.4-0ubuntu5.1
    Just as an additional data point, I have not had issues with ncsvc in 15.10. I am using ncsvc version 8.0-6-Build32195. I did have problems similar to what you describe when 15.04 first came out, which were eventually resolved by Ubuntu kernel updates... but 15.10 has worked fine for me.

FWIW as mentioned above, I am not using msjnc anymore; instead I am using jvpn because it seems to play nicer with my employer's 2-factor setup. But it seems unlikely that the difference between jvpn and msjnc would affect the behavior you describe.

Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 54553545556 LastLast