Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO set up Juniper Network Connect VPN on Ubuntu Dapper

Beans

Re: HOWTO set up Juniper Network Connect VPN on Ubuntu Dapper

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask but frequently my juniper client seems to hang. I only notice when my connections (skype/ssh) fail. Then I have a look and the Bytes Received is static and there is a small increase in the Bytes Sent. I have to 'sign out' and sign in again.

I dont know how to even diagnose the problem.

Anyone with advice?

Thanks!

Sorry: some more information:
    Im on Debian 6.0.3
    NC V7.1
    jkd 1.6.0_26

I had the same problems when I was on Ubuntu
    Last edited by rebelbuttmunch; December 15th, 2011 at 11:15 AM. Reason: more information

Beans

Hello everyone,
    I recently installed Ubuntu 11.10 (32-bit) and would like to log into my computer at work. Whenever I go to connect however, I am prompted to install "NetworkConnectClientInstall.exe" which is obviously not what I want. But I have been unable to locate ncLinuxApp.jar anywhere online and without that I feel like I am stuck.
    So I was hoping someone could post a link to a download or maybe attach it in a post. I have looked the script made by madscientist and hopefully I can get it to work if I can get that Network Connect Client for linux.

Thanks!

Edit: I was able to get the ncLinuxApp.jar (thanks to http://www.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de/~iwr91/juniper/) but when I run it, it won't do anything. Frustrating.
    Last edited by SimonSaysYes; December 18th, 2011 at 08:43 PM.

Beans

I know this thread is more than 4 years old! However, it saved the day for me now. Thank you, mad scientist

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Thumbs up Re: HOWTO set up Juniper Network Connect VPN on Ubuntu Dapper

I have finally been able to get the darn thing work on 64 bit Linux. I figured that the IVE 10 error was due to a host checker enabled and recently this has been enabled across all sites making it impossible to get mad scientist's script work. A colleague got it working wit 32 bit broswer and 32 bit plug in just like it works on 32 bit Linux. I followed his advice and got it working.

I have jotted it down here -

http://techydodo.wordpress.com/2012/...-linux-64-bit/

Hope this helps,
    Mynk

Beans

mynk's solution looks good, though it relies on setting up a strange browser to get around the fact that browsers aren't biarch.

Here's a script that sets up a 32 bit Firefox with 32 bit Sun Java in a chroot jail just to make Juniper Network Connect happy on 64 bit Ubuntu 11.10.
    It takes up 832 MB of hard drive space, which is a bit much, but it does seem to work.

http://kegel.com/linux/web32.sh.txt
    Last edited by dankegel; January 23rd, 2012 at 01:49 AM.

Beans

I have set up Juniper and Java according to posts by mad scientist mynk and others (thanks) and I still can't get it connected. It runs but when I attempt to login I get "Server Disconnected" message. Anybody else see this? Thanks -Frank

Beans

Most of the posts on google say how to access VPN using juniper network connect. They assume every company would provide jar files required to setup juniper network connect.
    They say you go to your VPN site, it would by default install in your home directory you should now have “.juniper_networks”.

At least not in my case, basically i am looking how to install juniper network connect on my ubuntu 11.10 machine. Rest things later how to connect. First i want to know how to get all necessary stuff to install “.juniper_networks” on my machine and from which site should i download?

Thanks

Beans

First off ... awesome. This has me up and running in Ubuntu 11.10 perfectly (had to install ia32-libs first, but no other hiccups).

Only issue I'm having is figuring out resolv.conf issues.

For my company, I have to add "supersede domain-name" and "prepend domain-name-servers" to my dhclient.conf for things to work nicely.

However, when NetworkConnect gets the network settings, it appears to ignore dhclient.conf and rewrites resolv.conf ... presumably from the information retrieved from the VPN DNS.

Why is it not looking at dhclient.conf, and how can I get it to add these extra domain names and DNS's to the resolv.conf?

Copying my old resolv.conf over the new one generated by NetworkConnect works just fine, but is certainly an annoyance.

Beans

I've tried dankegel solution with web32.sh shell scripts and it works partially. I mean, I'm able to start the VPN but I can only access web pages using the same web browser that starts Network Connect (in this case firefox).
    For example, I need to connect to a server via ssh/telnet but even though the tun interface is configured the routing table and resolv.conf are not modified.

My question is, are you able to open the VPN over ubuntu64 and use the VPN outside from the web browser?

Quote Originally Posted by dankegel View Post
    mynk's solution looks good, though it relies on setting up a strange browser to get around the fact that browsers aren't biarch.

Here's a script that sets up a 32 bit Firefox with 32 bit Sun Java in a chroot jail just to make Juniper Network Connect happy on 64 bit Ubuntu 11.10.
    It takes up 832 MB of hard drive space, which is a bit much, but it does seem to work.

http://kegel.com/linux/web32.sh.txt

Beans

I discovered why the web32 didn't work fully. The file /etc/resolv.conf is not updated because the one that web32 script update is the <chroot-home>/etc/resolv.conf (in my case /var/chroot/web32/etc/resolv.con). After applying the same changes to /etc/resolv.conf the vpn works perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by jonimalabarea View Post
    I've tried dankegel solution with web32.sh shell scripts and it works partially. I mean, I'm able to start the VPN but I can only access web pages using the same web browser that starts Network Connect (in this case firefox).
    For example, I need to connect to a server via ssh/telnet but even though the tun interface is configured the routing table and resolv.conf are not modified.

My question is, are you able to open the VPN over ubuntu64 and use the VPN outside from the web browser?

Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast