Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO set up Juniper Network Connect VPN on Ubuntu Dapper

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: HOWTO set up Juniper Network Connect VPN on Ubuntu Dapper

Not to worry. Reading the entire thread is always best, but note that in the "Tutorials & Tips" forums, with threads titled HOWTO, it's especially crucial to read the FIRST post, because the first post is the actual "tutorial" part.

Cheers!
    "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist

Beans

Hi

Sorry to re-ask, but do you have any ideas about my problem, explained above? Its regarding the Host-checker, etc.

Thanks

Ben

Beans
    Distro

Sorry, but I don't know. It sounds to me, if you can't see the Network Connect icon when you log in, that the server is not configured to support the Linux client or there some other server configuration issue. I don't really know what "host-checker" is?

I'm completely unfamiliar with the server side of this solution; I've only ever used/seen the client. Maybe you'd have more luck asking on a Juniper support forum?

Beans

Hi

Thanks a lot. I guess I am out of luck anyways, because when I logged in from a Windows box, that is on the AD, I can only see the Windows Secure Application Manager, and not the other one which may work for linux. So even if I can fake my Ubuntu box to act as if part of the domain, the windows applicaton manager will never launch on a Linux box.

Thanks for your kind help anyways, I will ask the Juniper guys just to be sure that my assumption is right,

Cheers

Ben

Beans

Ben, if you ever some feedback to juniper forums could you report it back here ? or post the link to the thread?

Many thanks
    Davide.

Beans

Hi, I am trying to get network connect working on Debian and found this page. I followed the instructions. The network connect dialog popped up but I couldn't connect. The diagnosis message indicates the NC installation check failed. The NC service is not running. Anyone has idea how to fix this problem?

Thanks!

hi
    i am using feisty
    i followed the first post all the way through but i am getting this error (see pic)
    Attached Images Attached Images

can anyone assist me ?

Beans
    Distro

That error message looks to me like you haven't linked RPM, like this:

sudo ln -s /bin/true /usr/bin/rpm

Are you SURE you successfully did that? If you say "ls -l /usr/bin/rpm" what do you get? If you run this "/usr/bin/rpm && echo ok" does it print "ok"? If not then something is not right with this step.

Unfortunately Juniper only produces packages for RPM-based distros and they use the RPM program to find out whether the libraries, etc. they need are installed, instead of a more portable method such as ldd or whatever. Anyway, in order to "fake out" the installer so that it won't complain that you don't have those libraries, you have to run the above sudo command.

I did everything like you did in the first post.
    Here is what you asked of me:

dachinster@Ubuntu:~$ sudo ln -s /bin/true /usr/bin/rpm
    ln: creating symbolic link `/usr/bin/rpm' to `/bin/true': File exists
    dachinster@Ubuntu:~$ ls -l /usr/bin/rp
    rpcclient rpcinfo rpl8 rpm
    dachinster@Ubuntu:~$ ls -l /usr/bin/rpm
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 2007-06-03 08:22 /usr/bin/rpm -> /bin/true
    dachinster@Ubuntu:~$ /usr/bin/rpm && echo ok
    ok
    dachinster@Ubuntu:~$

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast