Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Websites trying to FORCE you to use Microsoft products - its driving me NUTS!

Beans

Re: Websites trying to FORCE you to use Microsoft products - its driving me NUTS!

If we only spoke out about our civil rights and other matters relating to the government, we'd be in disarray. We also need to have our voices heard in other matters, because this was a source of FRUSTRATION. Just because it wasn't life threatening doesn't mean its not important.
    Complaining about a MS run website needing IE is stupid, just use some other site or make your own. Vote with your feet not words.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Websites trying to FORCE you to use Microsoft products - its driving me NUTS!

Complaining about a MS run website needing IE is stupid, just use some other site or make your own. Vote with your feet not words.
    I'll second that...and after all that, the article wasn't all that much to begin with...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by H.E. Pennypacker View Post
    But these formats are almost brand new. Theora just came out this year (2006). No operating system has been created since its inception. Windows Vista may support it, but that's unlikely because Vista was probably nearly finished before Theora was created. Mac OSX Leopard may support it.
    Microsoft and Apple are never going to include OGG (Vorbis and Theora) support in their OS's. A stable release of Vorbis was made in 2002 and they haven't included support for it in any of their versions of Windows Media Player since them, same with Apple and their Quicktime. Why? Because than people could play, share, and convert their files to a format that isn't proprietary and might use it instead of their proprietary Windows or Quicktme formats.

Beans

They are not forcing you to patronise their sites you know.
    A Fedora user

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123