Page 3 of 104 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: PClinuxOS Talk (Includes DistroWatch ranking talk)

Beans

Re: PClinuxOS Talk

I'm still playing with the minime version, but i like it so far. I really like that i can add the apps i want and build it up or use the basic setup and the live cd is great as a rescue disk. Here's my pic(WARNING: my wallpaper has comic book type nudity, so don't look at it if such things might offend you)
    Last edited by kerry_s; October 29th, 2006 at 08:40 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

The USB mouse was a gift from my family, and it works just fine with Mepis and Ubuntu. I'm not buying a new sound card for PCLinuxOS. Again--both Mepis and Ubuntu are fine with my sound card. It's not a Linux issue.

rattlerviper Guest

Well I've got PCLinuxOS on the harddrive. Fixed my problem with FireFox crashing(seems my onboard video does not like transparency combined with flash, just turned it off and all is fine.

Now does anyone have an idea how I can convert these instructions to get the Lexmark Z816 to work on Ubuntu so that I can do the same thing on PCLinuxOS?

rattlerviper Guest

Issue has been solved Printer works! No Firefox crashes anymore! I have PCLinuxOS minime up and working!!!

Edited to add: PCLinuxOS 0.93a Junior is now available as of today. It is the next step up from minime as far as what is included with it.
    Last edited by rattlerviper; August 9th, 2006 at 08:54 AM. Reason: late addition

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by aysiu View Post
    The USB mouse was a gift from my family, and it works just fine with Mepis and Ubuntu. I'm not buying a new sound card for PCLinuxOS. Again--both Mepis and Ubuntu are fine with my sound card. It's not a Linux issue.
    Ok, just thought i'd ask

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rattlerviper View Post
    Issue has been solved Printer works! No Firefox crashes anymore! I have PCLinuxOS minime up and working!!!

Edited to add: PCLinuxOS 0.93a Junior is now available as of today. It is the next step up from minime as far as what is included with it.
    Thanks for the news, i'll take a look, but personally I don't know how they can improve it. It's pretty impressive as it is.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

PCLinuxOS 0.94/2007 test 1 available

for anyone who isn't familiar with PCLinuxOS i would say check it out.
    if you goto the pclos forum section general news and announcements you will find a list of mirrors in the thread regarding test 1.
    it's got a completely new code base,gcc 4.1.1 and glibc 2.3.6 and the distro looks beautiful.
    beryl and compiz are included by default and it's easy to set up through the control center.
    just remember that this is the first test release.....the final release should be out by the end of the month.(i'm a pclos fan if you haven't noticed )

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: PCLinuxOS 0.94/2007 test 1 available

I'm going to wait a bit longer for the official 0.94 release this month. I've been playing way to much with different linux distros the last couple of weeks at work

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

PCLinuxOS 2007 test 1 Is one of the best looking distro's around. Very nice to have a choice between Compiz or Beryl, multimedia out of the box, excellent hardware detection. Very friendly forum, and they have their own magazine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Howdy,
    Yes, I have to agree with you,cleniri.I was very impress with it (PCLINUXOS)..I pray that Fiesty
    Fawn looks and works as good. Amen gypsy

Page 3 of 104 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast