Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Fedora Core Talk

Beans

Talking Re: Fedora Core 4: A quick view

I've never tried fedora too.

Is it possible to upgrade to a new version (e.g. from fedora 3 to 4) without reinstalling the whole system?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Fedora Core 4: A quick view

So far Jdong has given nothing but positive points for FC4.
    He is tempting me so hard. If only I wasn't so scared of leaving a .DEBian environment.. Give us more !

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Debain is quite comfortable compared to RPM, but it's not that bad, just be careful when upgrading things.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by panickedthumb
    Debain is quite comfortable compared to RPM, but it's not that bad, just be careful when upgrading things.
    Before Ubuntu , I did try Mandriva and AuroX (I also tried RHat on my Linux courses... but we couldn't stand that so ended up using SuSE, AuroX and Ubuntu 4.10RC ). I have to say my .rpm experience was not good at all. I want to try FC4 badly because It's supposedly that good (Jdong mentioned speed.. that gets me going), but I hope RPM management is better than what i've seen.
    Sylvia: Look at what you've done to him!
    Christof: I have given Truman the chance to lead a normal life. The world, the place you live in, is the sick place.

Beans

yum and yum ex are amazing, plus there is the apt/synaptics system for rpms....

oh and the reason FC4 is fast is not because of GCC4, which actually produces bigger more buggy code (it is a brand new platform and in a short time will be amazing) it is becasue the fedora team made speed a big priorty in FC4 and worked very hard to get it as fast as it is

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by blinksilver
    yum and yum ex are amazing, plus there is the apt/synaptics system for rpms....

oh and the reason FC4 is fast is not because of GCC4, which actually produces bigger more buggy code (it is a brand new platform and in a short time will be amazing) it is becasue the fedora team made speed a big priorty in FC4 and worked very hard to get it as fast as it is
    So let me get this straight: FC4 is faster than Hoary ? Noticeably faster or just "faster supposedly " ?

*gets wget ready for a long journey..*
    Christof: I have given Truman the chance to lead a normal life. The world, the place you live in, is the sick place.

Beans

i have no idea if it is faster then hoary, but it is fast compared to FC3

Beans
    Hidden!

Talking Re: FC4: Yoohooo

Quote Originally Posted by blinksilver
    i have no idea if it is faster then hoary, but it is fast compared to FC3
    I have never tried out Fedora so I wouldn't notice that :-/ . Tomorrow I'll try and get a couple of FC4 reviews/articles so hopefully next week I'll be testing out FC4 (Yay ! I had not resumed my distro testing since Xandros3/Ubuntu )

Beans

There is a thread talking about ubuntu and fedora too. Please check it out

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by tzutolin
    There is a thread talking about ubuntu and fedora too. Please check it out
    Thanks for the link. I'll read it tomorrow when I'm awake .

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast