Thread: Mac Bluetooth Wireless keyboard and keypad

Beans

Mac Bluetooth Wireless keyboard and keypad

I am not very fond of Mac-devices except for the bluetooth keyboard. In Ubuntu 15.04 it was working great! Until I installed the 15.10... Before I upgraded Ubuntu it was possible for me to use the keyboard to log in upon starting up the PC. Now, however, it has a lot of problems.
    In the bluetooth settings I often can't find the keyboard. If it does find the keyboard, the connection often fails (I did check the keyboard on a Mac, it works without any issues). If I click on the bluetooth icon (right top) the keyboard is there. If it connects and remains connected, nothing works. Sometimes the connections goes on and of repeatedly. And sometimes it works, but after a while a button gets stuck (for example "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"). To solve this I erased everything called bluetooth in: .1 stuff like: update-notifier-crash-_var_crash__usr_lib_bluetooth_bluetoothd.0.crash.l og.1.gz. This works... for a short time.

Since last week I bought a Mac 'Belkin YourType Bluetooth Wireless Keypad'. This is also not working - not really. If I change the hardware settings (for example: 4 to ←, 8 to ↑, 6 to →, etc) the main keyboard changes too and stops working. Very often both the wireless keypad and the main keyboard stop working simultaneously.

I am trying to clear the bluetooth history to see if that works, but I can't find it. Where can I find that? Or how do I make both keyboards work and work together? I hope someone can help me.

Thanks,
    Ernest
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: Mac Bluetooth Wireless keyboard and keypad

I am also experiencing similar issues using a 2007 Mac mini and a white plastic Apple Bluetooth keyboard. It connects sometimes, then loses connection. Sometimes will fail to connect and I have found that deleting the keyboard and re-pairing after rebooting Ubuntu works for a while but it's not a good resolution to the problem. I have seen many workarounds on the web but none that have worked for me for more than a day. Hopefully someone can help us out. Currently I'm using a combination of a USB keyboard and Wifi mouse HD app on my iPad which has an integrated keyboard. Both work perfectly so could be a short term solution for you until you get a proper fix.

Beans

I thought it would succeed by using a different USB Bluetooth. I even bought a new version from 3.0 to 4.0. But unfortunately no success.

Beans

It is strange that it worked well in 15.04. There is a difference between Ubuntu 15.04 and Ubuntu 15.10. At 15.10 I have the bluetooth machine devices under different users. I can not remove bluetooth devices. And I can not add devices to my permanent list. I would like to empty all Bluetooth cache, history and settings. But I have no idea how to do it. Can anyone help me?

Beans

I've tried it on different computers but they all have the same problem since the Ubuntu 15.10.

Beans

In one way or the other way the keypad started working. Although the keyboards does nothing even though it is connected. I hope there is someone who found a solution.