Thread: Tux Internet TV

Beans

Tux Internet TV

I am using the latest Ubuntu 15.10 I installed Freetux Television Channels Player. It starts with a window saying 'synchronising TV channels' which takes a while, then it opens a window, but nothing appears in this window, and then it promptly crashes.

Any way to fix this? Or should I just wait for an update?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Tux Internet TV

Wecome. Do you have VLC installed? That provides the codecs you will need. Did you install directly from Software Centre? If not, do. If it's not there, there might not be a version for 15.10 yet.

Beans

Re: Tux Internet TV

I've had vlc for a long time. I installed Freetux Television Channels Player from the software centre. I checked the reviews of Freetux in the Software Centre. Apparently, I am not the only one with this problem.

I just wanted to brush up my Spanish by watching some Spanish TV. Maybe there is another similar program, I'll check.

Installing Freetux also did something to Video Player, which is installed by default in Ubu. Video Player was changed, such that I could no longer play sound files. That must have come from Freetux, it was not like that before. Weird!