Thread: AMD 5350 ASRock AM1H

Beans

AMD 5350 ASRock AM1H

Hi folks,

I'm struggling to get any audio out of my new HTPC. AMD 5350, ASRock AM1H-ITX. OS is Ubuntu server 14.04.03 running Openbox and Kodi. Graphics drivers are AMD Catalyst. Strangely Ubuntu doesn't seem to have detected audio hardware at all.

$ aplay -l
    aplay: device_list:268: no soundcards found...

BUT lshw gives me

*-multimedia:1
    description: Audio device
    product: FCH Azalia Controller
    vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD]
    physical id: 14.2
    bus info: pci@0000:00:14.2
    version: 02
    width: 64 bits
    clock: 33MHz

Can anyone tell me how to get Ubuntu to recognise the audio device permanently and get the drivers into the system?

TIA

Beans

Question Re: AMD 5350 ASRock AM1H

Did you resolve this issue? I'm starting a build with this setup, so curious.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Re: AMD 5350 ASRock AM1H

Hey, I think server versions by default dont use audio (I may be wrong on that one, but Id personally never tried a server version for HTPC) I'd stick with a desktop version instead. You also can try first with a live cd/usb.

PS: I also have the Azalia controller... and up to this day I only get 2 channels via analog and hdmi (but I currently dont have an HDMI Receiver to check 5.1 setups). If possible, I would like to know if you guys are setting it thru HDMI or analog, thanks!
    Last edited by SR_ELPIRATA; January 17th, 2016 at 01:06 AM.
    HTPC: MSI FM2-A55M-E33 mobo, Amd A8-5600k APU, 6GB RAM, 120GB Crucial SSD Ubuntu Mate 15.04, 500GB Windows XP SP3, HDMI Video, 5.1ch Analog Audio, XBMC/Kodi