Thread: amazon instant video not working on Ubuntu 15.10 Firefox

Beans

amazon instant video not working on Ubuntu 15.10 Firefox

Previously I was watching Amazon Instant Video with Ubuntu 15.04, Firefox. I had installed the HAL package and used the Adobe Flash setting on the Amazon Video settings webpage. Everything worked fine.
    Now after the upgrade to Ubuntu 15.10, it doesn't work anymore. I have tried reinstalling HAL but that did not work. Amazon states that they are using HTML5 and no longer offer the option between Adobe Flash and Silverlight.
    I have tried Chromium web browser but that didn't work either. It seems that Amazon does not want to support Linux OS. Any suggestions besides another OS?

Beans

Re: amazon instant video not working on Ubuntu 15.10 Firefox

According to this post at Amazon, Google Chrome works with Amazon Instant. I'm pretty sure Chromium does not because it doesn't have the proprietary features in Chrome.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans

Thanks. I installed Chrome and Amazon Instant Video works fine now. I have both Chromium and Chrome web browsers now and I should probably use only one.

Beans

Chrome stream SD content but no HD content!! Something to do with hdcp!