Thread: Skype rendering bug

Beans

Skype rendering bug

Hi everyone,

Since last week my Skype isn't working properly anymore. It is starting after login and I receive incoming calls but i can't accept calls because of a rendering bug. When I open the Skype window it has the same rendering problems.
    I have added an attachment which shows the rendering problem. I am running Ubuntu 14.04 with Gnome shell 3.10.4 and haven't really installed any new software recently besides the normal updates. I have purged Skype and reinstalled after but the rendering problem remains.
    I think this is some kind of a GTK problem? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Skype rendering bug

It is difficult to know what you mean by a "rendering problem" and assuming you have covered the names of your contacts for security by manually crossing through them, your screenshot does not really show us any detail of the problem.

Please explain as best you can what you are seeing now, and then what you used to see. Are you just missing the top part of the window content?

What happens if you maximise the window?
    What graphic card and driver are you using?
    Last edited by ajgreeny; November 9th, 2015 at 02:30 PM.

Beans

I reinstalled the driver for the graphic card (nvidia) and it seems to be working again. Thanks for mentioning the graphic card + driver, hadn't thought about it myself.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Great. Please mark as SOLVED from Thread Tools menu at the top.