Thread: Cannot change the terminal font within I3 on my xfce ubuntu 14.04 lts enviroment

Beans

Cannot change the terminal font within I3 on my xfce ubuntu 14.04 lts enviroment

I just recently installed I3-gaps and it's working great, minus the fact that I can't seem to change my terminal font. I know from reading online the terminal depends on gtk settings, so I went ahead and downloaded lxappearance . When I start is up I initially get the error

Code:
    (lxappearance:4251): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion 'G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
    which will appear about 8 times with the same message. Other than that lxappearance starts up fine. The problem is that none of my settings are saved if I try to modify the font and i3-msg restart / reload or log out and in. the app will modify my .gtkrc-2.0 correctly, but no changes are actually made to the applications.

Here's what I've already tried:
    • Use lxappearance - modified files but no changes happened
    • Manually configure .gtkrc-2.0 and .config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini - again no changes actually visible from modifyin
    • Modify font size in .i3/config - changed window font but nothing else
    • Change font through xfce settings manager - no actual changes visible

I feel as though I've looked up just about every forum post out there and cannot find a solution to my problem. I just want to be able to increase the font size of my terminal, but my .gtkrc-2.0 files do nothing if I modify them. Any help? Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Cannot change the terminal font within I3 on my xfce ubuntu 14.04 lts enviroment

Which terminal are you using? Check if it enables font selection in its own preference panel.