Thread: Proposal for the backyard

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Proposal for the backyard

I think it would beneficial to theses forums if the following were implemented.

1) adding more moderator's
    2) moderator's recruited for specific social area's. These particular moderator's should not need to be necessarily tech minded people.
    3) Moderating the backyard

As much as the backyard is a difficult area where emotion run hot, it is also an area where much integrity is displayed. People learn to be people in those places. Dialogue, while not alway's easy is esential to these forums. Many of the people here now may become long term tenent's, will grow older here and this community will be better served by their privledge and practice at communicating.

Thanks for listening!
    rj

Beans

Re: Proposal for the backyard

1) adding more moderator's -- This has been done , we have added a good numbers in the last few weeks

2) moderator's recruited for specific social area's. These particular moderator's should not need to be necessarily tech minded people.--Not sure I agree with this but worthy of consideration . I will give it some thought and consult the team

3) Moderating the backyard-- This will cause more issues I believe
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    1) adding more moderator's -- This has been done , we have added a good numbers in the last few weeks

2) moderator's recruited for specific social area's. These particular moderator's should not need to be necessarily tech minded people.--Not sure I agree with this but worthy of consideration . I will give it some thought and consult the team

3) Moderating the backyard-- This will cause more issues I believe
    Thanks for the reply KiwiNZ!

On point #2; I said what I said, because if there is an inability to find enough moderator's who are proficient tech people, then why not consider others who are not, for social area's. Take fuscia for example or myself. I know I and I think he (fuscia) are not tech people and I as one probably never will be much beyond where I am today. We help when and where we can. But we too want to be here and want to contribute as we feel comfortable doing. That said, I am not lobbying for moderatorship, I am only hoping to suggest widening your scope.

On point #3; Yesterday, the backyard was moderated more than I had seen before. matthew and panickedthumb did a great job. By moderating fair-mindedly, they defused alot while permitting some excellent discussions to continue.. If you read those discussions from the point where they were moderated, you can see an ongoing exchange of views and considerable reflection on some important issues. Had those threads been closed because of one or two members alot of conversation would have been lost.

Thanks again for considering my views and hearing my voice!!=D>

Beans

rjwood , The Admins will give this consideration. There is merit in this .

Beans

Update; A new Backyard policy will be published shortly.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    Update; A new Backyard policy will be published shortly.
    Thank you for the *new* backyard policy as published.

I think it reflects more of not only the reality of life as it is exposed there but also reflects a more respectful and gracious representation of the administrators and moderators.

Hopefully, it will meet the needs of the unique concerns of the backyard. Unfortunataly, only time will tell. I for one am encouraged though that whatever challenges it has to meet it will, through your ability to otherwise mold it to conform to all needs which are fair and relevant.

GREAT JOB GUY'S!!!=D>=D>