Thread: FAIL notice

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Lightbulb FAIL notice

Yesterday in the Top Menu Bar, an alert icon appeared as per Thumbnail #1.

After following instructions, I get the Other Software tab from the Software & Updates utility as per Thumbnail #2 were you can see that all repositories are disabled except for Canonical and Librecad.

Is the Software&Update manager acting up because of the new version coming shortly?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mayagrafix; September 27th, 2015 at 05:50 AM.
    Ubuntu 15.04/OS type: 64-bit/Processor: Intel Core i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz × 4/Memory: 5.8 GiB/Graphics: Gallium 0.4 on AMD CAICOS/Disk: 320 GB

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: FAIL notice

It asked you to show updates. Please run these in a terminal and post any and all errors.

Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    I suspect the librecad-dev repo might be the issue but we'll soon find out. Nothing enabled down the page and out of view? Incidentally, you don't need the Canonical Partners source code repo enabled. You don't need any source code repos enabled unless you are actively developing the software and need the source code. You can also kill the 'disabled on upgrade to ...' repos. They are no longer of any use.

You are using 15.04?

(* Please use 'Adv Reply' or 'Go Advanced' and attach screenshot using the paperclip icon rather than inserting them in the body of your posts. Thanks.)
    Last edited by Bucky Ball; September 26th, 2015 at 04:38 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Re: FAIL notice

Thanks for the advice to run apt-get. Seems that the only repository other than Canonical is at fault.
    Will uncheck Librecad and source-code options from Software & Updates utility.
    Ubuntu 15.04/OS type: 64-bit/Processor: Intel Core i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz × 4/Memory: 5.8 GiB/Graphics: Gallium 0.4 on AMD CAICOS/Disk: 320 GB