Thread: problem refresh ipv6 and release old ones ubuntu 14.04

Beans

problem refresh ipv6 and release old ones ubuntu 14.04

Hi,
    I have a problem for several months now with ubuntu 14.04 but I d'ont verify with another distribution. Seems that my ipv6 stack doesn't release itself. (Don't know how to explain the situation). If I let my vm long enough up, if I run ifconfig I can see more and more ipv6 global which are very different and then I guess that's why i can't reach ipv6.google.com after a while. It's doesn't seem the case with windows 10 vm but I don't have as much as services activated on windows vm than my ubuntu vm.
    any advice?
    thanks
    best regards
    Last edited by vigilian; September 27th, 2015 at 02:15 PM. Reason: tests done

Beans

Re: problem refresh ipv6 and release old ones ubuntu 14.04

it doesn't seems the case with debian 8.2, ubuntu 15.04 and windows. but all 14.04 ubuntu are affected by this. It keeps an old ipv6 + the new one but it seems to update the route table but i can't ping ipv6 website then after a renew of the adress
    any idea?

Beans

Re: problem refresh ipv6 and release old ones ubuntu 14.04

Is it possible that's caused by virtualbox? since I d'ont have any host on linux, i can't diagnose this like that.... How could I diagnose it?
    Is it in the convention that the stack have to save the old ipv6 address? Isn't a system of to verify the sustainability of the old ipv6?