Thread: Corrupted tooltip

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Corrupted tooltip

I'm running Wily, with Chromium Version 44.0.2403.89 Ubuntu 15.10 (64-bit). I seem to be getting corrupted tooltips, the screenshot isn't as bad as some I've seen, but his is what I'm seeing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cariboo; September 10th, 2015 at 05:42 PM. Reason: added a better screenshot

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Corrupted tooltip

Can confirm that.

Don't use chromium for anything other than BBC pages - flash problems ...

Consequently the chromium is as installed - no extensions in use at all.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I'm running nearly the same version of Chrome (44.0.2403.157) on 14.04 and I've never seen that. Try firefox and see if you get the same behavior. It looks like a compositing issue or perhaps a GPU/video RAM issue. The fact that it is not quite repeatable--some tooltips are more messed up than others could indicate a hardware issue.

What graphics are you running?

Code:
    lspci | grep VGA
    -------------------------------------
    Oooh Shiny: PopularPages

Unumquodque potest reparantur. Patientia sit virtus.

Beans
    Hidden!

Have you tried to enable or disable hardware acceleration?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I only have the problem on my desktop system with a Nvidia Geforce 210 graphics adapter. I found a bug report, but it is for systems running an AMD graphics adapter.

Code:
    lspci | grep VGA
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GT218 [GeForce 210] (rev a2)
    Last edited by cariboo; September 11th, 2015 at 12:34 AM. Reason: added lspci output

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I would be curious to see the differences between Chrome and chromium:

Code:
    ps aux | more
    Cut and paste the chromium extensions. MIne look like this for Chrome:

tgalati4 747 0.0 3.8 896256 79128 ? Sl Sep08 0:59 /opt/google/chrome/chrome --type=renderer --enable-display-list-2d-canvas --enable-experimen
    tal-canvas-features --enable-deferred-image-decoding --lang=en-US --force-fieldtrials=*AffiliationBasedMatching/Enabled/AudioProcessing48kHzSupport/Default/*
    AutofillEnabled/Default/*AutofillFieldMetadata/Enabled/CaptivePortalInterstitial/Enabled/*ChildAccountDetection/Disabled/ChromeDashboard/Default/*DomRel-Enab
    le/enable/*EnableSessionCrashedBubbleUI/Disabled/*EnhancedBookmarks/Default/*ExtensionContentVerification/Enforce/*ExtensionDeveloperModeWarning/Default/*Ext
    ensionInstallVerification/None/*IconNTP/Default/*NewProfileManagement/Enabled/*NewVideoRendererTrial/Enabled/*OmniboxBundledExperimentV1/StableHQPFrequencyBu
    gFix_PrePeriod_1/*PasswordGeneration/Disabled/PasswordLinkInSettings/Enabled/PermissionBubbleRollout/Enabled/*PrerenderFromOmnibox/OmniboxPrerenderEnabled/*Q
    UIC/EnabledForLargePopulation/*RefreshTokenDeviceId/Enabled/*RememberCertificateErrorDecisions/Default/ReportCertificateErrors/ShowAndPossiblySend/ReportCert
    ificateErrorsOverHttp/UploadReportsOverHttp/SHA1IdentityUIWarning/Enabled/SHA1ToolbarUIJanuary2016/Warning/SHA1ToolbarUIJanuary2017/Error/*SafeBrowsingIncide
    ntReportingService/Default/*SdchPersistence/Default/SessionRestoreBackgroundLoading/Restore/*SettingsEnforcement/no_enforcement/*SyncBackingDatabase32K/Enabl
    ed/*UMA-Dynamic-Binary-Uniformity-Trial/default/*UMA-Population-Restrict/normal/*UMA-Uniformity-Trial-1-Percent/group_66/*UMA-Uniformity-Trial-10-Percent/gro
    up_03/*UMA-Uniformity-Trial-100-Percent/group_01/*UMA-Uniformity-Trial-20-Percent/group_01/*UMA-Uniformity-Trial-5-Percent/default/*UMA-Uniformity-Trial-50-P
    ercent/group_01/*UseDelayAgnosticAEC
    I have all of the experimental hardware rendering turned on. But I'm running Intel graphics with the open driver. And that needs all the help it can get!
    -------------------------------------
    Oooh Shiny: PopularPages

Unumquodque potest reparantur. Patientia sit virtus.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo View Post
    I only have the problem on my desktop system with a Nvidia Geforce 210 graphics adapter. I found a bug report, but it is for systems running an AMD graphics adapter.

Code:
    lspci | grep VGA
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GT218 [GeForce 210] (rev a2)