Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Printer Setup Problems

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Re: Printer Setup Problems

Quote Originally Posted by sgage View Post
    I see no such dialog box, but I suspect it's different for different printers. The install goes as follows for me, using the control center printer routine:

I fire it up, it detects 'Epson Stylus 86 USB'. The only option at this point is to select it and click 'add'.
    Uh... what version are you using because it is the otherway around. Open printer control center, then , click add. After that a sort of dialog box comes up with options. Then you select the suggested printer. A dialog box opens. At the bottom of that box will either be USB or parallel printer. You have to ignore the other verbose options.

Regards..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Printer Setup Problems

Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    Epson Artisan 730 ink-jet .. a throw-away surplus came with pile of hardware and pcs. I hooked in wily (USB) and it prints awesomely beautiful colors. All from a printer that was ready for the brick pile.

**an important point I think** There is a lot of mis-information going around about printers that just seem to die or have sit for a while and then it is assumed that the ink-jets dry up and will not work! Not so with Ubuntu. Ubuntu has proven to me time and time again that this dis-information is not true. All of the printers I work with come from obsoleted Windows machines that have been bricked by obsolescence or are fubared by malware. Ubuntu more or less behaves like an anti-malware in many of these instances.

Regards..
    My printer works perfectly with Ubuntu - that isn't the issue. I just can't install it with the Contol Center Printer module. Manually running system-config-printer, it installs quickly and without incident, and subsequently runs just fine - better than under Windows, in fact.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12