Xubuntu

Re: Thank you Australia for ...

Yep, Waltzing Matilda. 'Who'll come-a waltzing Matilda with me?'

And yes, Colin Hay has a funky eye.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

@ Bucky Ball: Yeah..."Who Can It Be Now" was another great song by the group....when i hear that (and "Down Under") it just instantly takes me back to the 80s...They were both big hits here

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by craig10x View Post
    @ Bucky Ball: Yeah..."Who Can It Be Now" was another great song by the group....when i hear that (and "Down Under") it just instantly takes me back to the 80s...They were both big hits here
    Me, too. They were huge here, too. When they got big from 'Down Under' they were smart. MAW bought a big hotel right here in my city about 10 minutes drive from where I live, as an investment for the whole band. The 'Hotel Adelaide' in North Adelaide, a prime piece of real estate. When they got sued for copyright and lost they had to sell the hotel.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by craig10x View Post
    Oh, and for Fosters Larger (love that beer)
    Me too! I love the quote on the can "Fosters, Australian for beer", then you look on the side of the can "Made In Canada"!
    This post is like Brigadoon!

Beans

Now that I as an American have saluted Australia,

I now remind you of one of the greatest American performers of funk/jive/kinky music !

He is dead now,

But this man could sing, he could play the electric guitar, he could play the keyboard, he could play the drums,

And at 0:52 in this video he drops the microphone, when he usually says "when i came home last night"

but he simply made it look like he dropped the microphone behind his back and caught it in mid-air,

You will know him by his most famous song, which is great, and it is "Super-Freak!"

It's the African-American named Rick James,

often it is "I am Rick James B!tch!"

so sad he died at the young age of 56,

but check out this live performance, and again at 0:52 he drops the mic but makes it look like he meant to

and he plays the keyboards in this live performance and at the end he plays the drums (and again, he can play the electric guitar too) - such a talented man!

Here it is,

Click this live performance in Germany [the European crowds just don't go crazy like the American crowds, the South American crowds, or the Australian crowds] - but that is their nature. With that said, I have never seen anyone else get a German crowd get cranked up this much, like this, like he did here!

Well, the British and South American crowds at a concert can also riot like Americans and Australians, so I think it may be an English speaking/western English crowd thing that know how to raise hell at a concert!
    LOL

Here it is,

click this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gp1yIsLh-M
    Last edited by michael-piziak; September 12th, 2015 at 06:43 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by SantaFe View Post
    Me too! I love the quote on the can "Fosters, Australian for beer", then you look on the side of the can "Made In Canada"!
    Incidentally, virtually NO-ONE drinks Fosters here. The majority is made (yes, mostly overseas) for the export market. It's rubbish. That's why we send it overseas!

I was in England and people seemed to think it was nectar of the gods. Many didn't believe me when I told them Australians generally don't go near the stuff. It's all media spin. 'Fosters' is anything but 'Australian for beer'. Far from it. Australian for 'crap beer' is probably more like it.

PS: It might be hard, but if you can get your hands on a Cooper's beer ...
    Last edited by Bucky Ball; September 12th, 2015 at 07:00 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Kinda like Pabst Blue Ribbon in the US, eh?
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Interesting enough, years ago, we use to get the actual imported from australia Fosters but what we have now is actually brewed right here in the states... In TEXAS as a matter of fact...I think it is supposed to have a somewhat greater alcoholic content then most other beers which is probably why i like it

Actually, though, my local favorite here is Coors and Samuel Adam's Boston Lager is pretty darn good too...didn't know Fosters wasn't really popular down under...
    Last edited by craig10x; September 12th, 2015 at 07:14 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Yea, 4.9 per cent, or thereabouts, is pretty standard here. A lot of American beers would be classed here as mid-strength or light.

Anyway, back on topic, thank you Australia for ... Coopers beer!

PS: I don't drink anymore and don't have shares in the company so without bias.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234