Thread: Arc Welder (Google Chromium) STUCK!

Beans

Arc Welder (Google Chromium) STUCK!

Hi!

I tried to run apps on Linux, so I got Arc Welder with Google Chromium. So, the program's stuck, and I can't try out these apps. How can I run these apps on Linux?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Arc Welder (Google Chromium) STUCK!

What is "Arc Welder"? A game? A program you use for something else entirely? OK; found it. It lets you run Android apps in Google-Chrome

By the way, chromium browser is the open-source version of the browser on which Google-Chrome is based; which one are you actually using? I don't know if it will make any difference, but it could do, so may be helpful to others.

Perhaps these two links might help.
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/29052...-new-tool.html
    http://www.howtogeek.com/214734/how-...pps-in-chrome/

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Arc Welder (Google Chromium) STUCK!

Arc Welder is a Google application that will let us run Android apps on Linux Ubuntu. I only found out about Arc Welder a couple of weeks ago. There is a particular app that I am interested in. It is available for Apple, Google (Android) & Microsoft devices but not for Linux. Thanks to Arc Welder I can now run this app in Ubuntu.

I am guessing that this is what the OP is going on about. Although he does give any specific information about the problem.

The purpose of Arc Welder is to allow Android developers to test their Android apps on their desktop machines which do not necessarily have to be running an Android emulator. Arc Welder is still in Beta.

This is the procedure that I used:

1) Install Google Chrome
    2) Install Arc Welder
    3) Download the applications APK file and any other files the application uses. There are web sites that have copies of free to download APK files. So, we do not need to download from some app store.
    4) Open Arc Welder. Chrome does not need to be running. And I have not tested what will happen if I remove Chrome.
    5) At the Test your app window click Add your APK and browse to the APK file.
    6) Set the application to run in Landscape mode and full screen. (that was the advice that I have seen).
    7) Click Launch App.

I get an advisory that Arc Welder wants to remove the APK file. I think that is happening because I have more than one copy of the APK file. Anyway, I click Cancel and the application loads.

I cannot give more information than this. In my opinion issues with Arc Welder and the running of APK files are not specifically Ubuntu related.

Regards.
    Last edited by grahammechanical; August 29th, 2015 at 01:42 PM.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530