Thread: Ubuntu 15.04. Install Cinnamon dosen't work. Help to fix

Beans

Ubuntu 15.04. Install Cinnamon dosen't work. Help to fix

I installed Ubuntu 15.04 and was trying to install Cinnamon on here but it fails first time just gives me a black screen with toolbar with missing wallpaper and missing icons. Secound time it installed something else don't even ask me why looked like MATE set up . And no i didn't say MATE i said Cinnamon so why it would put a format in like that is beyond me.

I'm just trying to install Cinnamon Environment and is unseccfull in Ubuntu 15.04 . Starting to think Ubuntu is out there with the rest of the crap Linux's now Come on fix issues now....................

The first way i tried was this

Code:
    sudo apt-get install cinnamon-desktop-environment
    Then i uninstalled because it did not fully have everything in there

Secound time

thats when it gave me a MATE looking desktop had too cold shutdown do to missing stuff

Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:moorkai/cinnamon

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install cinnamon

If somebody can help me here solve this issue or knows what’s wrong please help me thank u

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Ubuntu 15.04. Install Cinnamon dosen't work. Help to fix

I used THIS to install on 14.04, not sure if it works for 15.04
    MB: Asrock Extreme4-M CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @3.50GHz Memory: Corsair Low Profile Vengeance 16.00 GB. GC On CPU HD4000 Platform: x86_64 Distribution:

Beans

Re: Icons missing after installing secondary DE - all flavors of 15.04

​I had the same problem when installing Cinnamon desktop alongside Ubuntu 15.04, and, alongside Kubuntu 15.04 on a completely different system. Also, the problem is present when installing KDE Plasma along with Ubuntu, as well as when installing Unity DE along with Kubuntu. The only DE that I have installed that does not seem to have this issue is Gnome 3.16, and I installed that on the Kubuntu partition as well as on the Ubuntu partition. I have formatted these partitions and reinstalled fresh multiple times, each time adding a different DE to run alongside the main one to test them all.

I have tested Kubuntu with Gnome, Unity, Cinnamon. I have also tested Ubuntu with KDE Plasma, Gnome, and Cinnamon.

To those who ask me why I am doing this.....I enjoy all of these flavors but want to ultimately settle on one main distro with one alternate DE; so I tested them all. (I like KDE Plasma/Gnome 3.16.)

So far, I have not found a way to correct this icon problem. Any suggestions would be great!