Thread: suspension mode consumes 30% battery or more in 9 hours

Beans

suspension mode consumes 30% battery or more in 9 hours

Hi,

I bought a computer through Harvard University (see computer specificity below) 2 months ago. I work continuously with the computer. And notice that the computer while is suspended consumes a lot of energy compare to other computers and other friend's computer running ubuntu as well.
    I tried everything, but except for some times (that only takes 9% of the battery, this could happen 1% of the times) it will take 30% or even the whole battery in a night.

Everything is updated and running ubuntu 15.04. I tried unity, mate desktop, xubuntu, lubuntu and all of them are the same. After all desktop installations, I reinstalled from scratch just to have again a clean SO, but the same. I even tried to suspend with the wifi + bluetooth turned off, but the same.

I tried hibernate, but is not working always. The majority of times doesn't wake up and i need to cold reset.

To avoid losing my data, I have two LVMs, one for root and another for home just to be easy re-install anything from scratch keeping my data. (something that system76 computers should have by default, everything in one partition is not a good idea ever.)

any help on that?

thanks

PS: i open a ticket with this problem but not sure if they offer this kind of support.

Galago UltraPro

Ubuntu 15.04 (64-bit)
    14.1″ Matte 1080p IPS LED Backlit Display
    Intel Iris Pro 5200 Graphics
    2.20 GHz i7-4770HQ (6MB Cache – 4 Cores – 8 Threads)
    16 GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1600MHz (2× 8GB)
    United States Keyboard
    500 GB mSATA Solid State Drive
    No Second Drive
    WiFi up to 867 Mbps + Bluetooth $40 off!
    1 Year Limited Parts and Labor Warranty
    Last edited by howefield; August 17th, 2015 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Reset font to default.